Sundance 3300 RCB Toy hauler

Yianni

We are looking at toy hauler type 5th wheels. I called the factory and was told the 3300 RCB would not have a built in gen. Can a gen prep be special ordered for this model? Also, will there be more actual living space than the Cyclone 3010 5th wheel?
Thanks for any help.

Rmcgrath53

I have a Sundance and Heartland told me that they will not warranty the frame if I install a fixed Generator in the front compartement. I saw one that had been custom installed with alot of angle iron.The largest gen that can go in there has to be raised up and just barely fits. I just bought two honda e2000i with a parralel kit , each weighs about 49 lbs, and are quiet. They wont prep for a genny in the unit I have.

D

Dave Willis

Hello,

I'm not sure what the question is, but I know that we have had dealers install gens. before. As for voiding the warranty, that would be a question for our service dept. or Lippert Components.

Thanks,

Yianni

Dave,
Thanks for the response.
To clarify the question, I know on some other 5th wheels I've looked at they will do a gen prep. This means having it all ready to go for the dealer to install an Onan 5.5 gen. Included from the factory would be all the wiring, a switch inside to start the gen, a box with sound proofing in the front compartment.
An example would be Open Range. This is offered through their factory before purchase.
I really liked the floor plan of the 3300 RCB and am looking for a unit that I don't have to lug my Honda around with anymore.
Thanks!

D

Dave Willis

The Sundance FW's are a Mid Profile Unit and we don't have the room to install a Gen. Our Cyclone and Road Warrior division have the Gen option. If you would like, I can get you in touch with a dealer who handles those lines. Just let us know.

Thanks,

Yianni

Thanks Dave for clearing things up. I'm coming from travel trailers so fifth wheel's are new to me. It makes sense now if you have a mid profile you may not have the room of a Cyclone. I kept wondering why you would not put a gen in the Sundance. Two different animals.
I have looked at the 2010 Cyclone 3010 5th wheel. Very nice!
Thanks again for your help.