Our Big Adventure!

Bob and Chris

Senior Members
We're off this weekend to collect our new 2010 Augusta in Ohio! After 10 months of research, half a dozen brand specific trips to prod, poke, study specs. and walk through units, we decided that Heartland was the brand for us. The advice shared on the forums along with the information available from all of your previous experiences make me feel much more prepared to effectively conduct our PDI at the dealer. Picking her up April 6!

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Bob & Chris, have fun on your adventure. I hope you're able to get some sleep. I know when we have something new and exciting coming up I don't sleep to good. Be sure you do a thorough PDI and travel safe.

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Congratulations on your new rig. I know you will be very happy with it. To me the two greatest things about a Heartland trailer is the "more bang for your buck" philosophy that Heartland employs and this forum. You can learn so much from the people who "have been there, done that" and in the short time I've been a member, it's always done in a helpful way.

Look forward to hearing about your travels home with your new Augusta.

Keith

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
We're off this weekend to collect our new 2010 Augusta in Ohio! After 10 months of research, half a dozen brand specific trips to prod, poke, study specs. and walk through units, we decided that Heartland was the brand for us. The advice shared on the forums along with the information available from all of your previous experiences make me feel much more prepared to effectively conduct our PDI at the dealer. Picking her up April 6!

Congratulation on your new rig. Where did you purchase it from?

Bob and Chris

Senior Members
Our Big Adventure Part D'eaux

Thanks for all the good wishes. Sunday night found us in Wauseon, Ohio and 70 miles from our destination. Ray, like you, our excitement prevented a good night's sleep. We woke up about 1:00am, turned on TV to reruns of The Beverly Hillbillys. We eventually got to sleep and once we made it through the purchase on Monday morning, to quote Jed Clampett we were "happier than a couple of gophers in soft dirt!" The entire experience was great; Jim May RV and all of the people there provided excellent customer service. We're at the Elkhart Campground, have been through the factory tour with Tim Kaufmann, who couldn't have been more accommodating. The trip from Findlay, Ohio to Elkhart, Ind. was windy, but the Augusta towed great, and I am now confident I have a truck that handles it just fine. We're proud to be part of the Heartland family and are looking forward to many more great adventures as well as meeting many new friends along the way!