Hydraulic lift added to frame?

We just bought a new Bighorn 3055.My wife has a motorcycle and we would like to know if we can mount a hydraulic or electric lift to the frame.

cliffbuilt

We just bought a new Bighorn 3055.My wife has a motorcycle and we would like to know if we can mount a hydraulic or electric lift to the frame.

Hello!
Is there a moderator to move this thread to the right location (ask the factory, Lippert, etc.)

I'm considering the same for my BC 2950RK

Thanks,
Cliff

fljlcw

it all depends on the weight we had A hitch installed on our BH3580 And they said it would be safe up to about 300#
Fred #1073

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
I am sure this can be done as I have seen others do this. I would caution you that this mod will void the frame warranty with Lippert and Heartland. Please investigate thoroughly before you proceed.

Good luck,
Mark

D and J

Does anyone know why adding anything on the back of the trailer voids the warrenty? I know of many other 5th manufactures that put a hitch on the trailer at the factory. What is so different with our frame that we cannot do it without voiding the warrenty?

D and J

Hi Fred.

I would also like to add a lift kit for a scooter. Can you tell me where you went to get the work done and do you know how they figured how much weight the frame could handle.

Thanks D

B. Lee

Firecapt422
I think the lift kit will create a change in your pin weight, which may cause problems. I have seen TT that have added wight to the rear and cause problmes with the way the trailer handles, and they ened with the TV and TT on their sides. This may also cause stress of the frames which may bend them. :confused: I have a HD ultra clasic and I am looking at adapter that will attach to the rear of the trailer which could void warienty. I have attached the website for the swivel trailer. which is not a trailer, and would not be considered as hauling doubbles. http://www.cruiserlift.com/swivelwheel.html

Good luck, Butch

fljlcw

I dont recall the name of the welding shop the dealer in Elkhart in. set it up for us when we bought our rig the dealers name was Hartland rv dont recall their # either sorry I wasnt any more help Fred