Battery Life..........

Uncle Rog

When we go out I leave the sensors in place for the whole trip, two weeks on one trip. I am sure this does not help the sensor life. I guess my question is has anybody had to replace a sensor? The manual is a little vague on how long they should last. My second question is how long does everybody leave them on?

Pat McFall

Sensor Life

Good morning Rog,

I will answer your question from a PressurePro Dealer/Troubleshooter/User perspective. I'm sure some of the other Heartland Owners will have answers for you, too.

As a Dealer/Troubleshooter, the majority of the troubleshooting problems we have are from folks who constantly take their Sensors on and off, trying to save their batteries. The problems we run into are damaged sensor seals and marred threads from taking the Sensors on and off. Our recommendation to our customers is not to remove the Sensors unless you store your rig for long periods of time or cross over into Mexico.

As a User, our PressurePro Sensors are over 5 years old and show no signs of loss of battery power. We leave our Sensors on 24/7 because we use our PressurePro for demo purposes. The only time we remove them is to adjust the air pressure which we don't have to do very often.

We have been selling and servicing PressurePro for over 5 years and we have not had to replace any of our customers sensors due to low batteries. The reason the manual is a little vague is because we don't know how long the batteries will last. The PressurePro System is just over 5 years old and we are still waiting for someone to report that they have dead batteries. Then, we'll have a better idea of what the battery life is.

Please let us know if we can answer any questions for you.

Pat and Mike

Uncle Rog

Thank you for the reply Pat, good answers.
It is nice to know that you don't have to take the sensors on and off all the time.
I will still take them off when parked at home, as you said, for extended periods.
Thanks again.....