Just got our Pickup Date

sjarrell

Success through Design
Well folks I am getting pretty giddy about picking up our first 5'ver (2010 North Trail 28BH). So we are in CT and am going to RVwholeSalers in Lakeview Ohio on for the Good Friday Pickup. We should be there around 9am. I worked with Preston there and he did work for this sale. I was looking for nearly a year with many questions and I deas. Preston was great and I would recomend him to anyone. I downloaded the PDI list and have the Camcorder ready to record the entire walk thru. After that we are headed to Giles WV for Easter, my family is from there. Then, after Easter, we are headed to NC to go ruby mining. 3 days there, then one day for DollyWood, then a day back in Giles to drop off my parents then back home. First 8 days we own it we will be living in it. I guess I will be use to towing it after the first 2K miles huh? Anyway just wanted to share my excitment. I am looking forward to going to one of the Heartland Rallies..............

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Congratulations Stephen, Enjoy your new rig and have a safe and uneventful trip. Let us know how it all went when you return.

sjarrell

Success through Design
Will Do

I plan to Document all the likes and dislikes, if there are any, as the trip goes. I also figured it would be a good Idea to bring a notepad and list the nice to have and the need to have Items we may forget to bring.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
Just for your own piece of mind i would ask your dealer to connect a water hose to your new North Trail before you leave their lot. Fill the sinks and shower with water and check everywhere for leaks. Have fun!

Bobby A

Congrats, we pick our new rig up this Friday, it just arrived at the dealership this afternoon, can't wait !!!

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Congrats to both of you. We haven't had ours a week yet, so I know the excitement you are going through. We're going to do a shake down cruise this weekend. Nothing like your planned trip Sjarrell but it's always good to work the bugs out.

Next week I'm loading the Gold Wing in the bed of the truck, hooking the 5er up to my Tow Buddy and going to Richmond for 5 days. Gotta work but at least I'll get to ride the bike while I'm there.

then it's back down here for a 3rd weekend of camping. Not 8 straight like yours, but that will come one of these days.

Good luck and let us know how it went.

Sjerrell said "list the nice to have and the need to have"

I don't know, seems to me my mind sets less Nice and more Need to all the little goodies.

Keith

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Congratulations on getting a new rig and WOW what a trip. Not sure where you are staying in TN but River Plantation in Sevierville is a great place to stay. It's only about 5 miles from Dollywood. Already have booking for July and September there and season passes to Dollywood.

Bob and Chris

Senior Members
Congratulations! Hope everything works flawlessly and the travels are safe. Seems like the Heartland Nation is doing its part to stimulate the economy! We pick up ours on Monday.

sjarrell

Success through Design
Wow

There are so many people with new campers None We are doing our part to stimulate the economy, or at least that is what I tell the wife. I really like the Idea of hooking up the hose at the dealership. I think I am going to do just that. I have read alot on here about water leaks so it would be nice to know before I leave the dealer. As for TN, I am actually staing a Mi Mountain in Franklin NC. It is ten minutes from where we are going to hunt for rubies :). Dollywood is 77 miles north over the smiky mountain state park ,so we are going to leave the 5ver there for the day and make a day trip. We are in no hurry. And it is easier than packing up and moving to a new campground for one night. Thank you everyone, I hope to become a contributing member of the Heartland Family.

-Steve

sjarrell

Success through Design
Ok folks I am off today at 2:30 to start the Pilgramage to pick up our new toy. I will document the Camper as best I can and report on our Maiden Voyage when I get back. Happy Camping

-Steve

sjarrell

Success through Design
Well, here I am 4 months later. My family has spent approximately 19 nights in out Camper. I am still very much happy with the camper but here is my list of things that have gone bad. Dielectric grease? Our Hot water heater will not work after sitting for a few weeks unless I go out and move the four wires around on the gas valve, why not grease them at the factory? I am still waiting on a replacement screen that was not correct from the factory (4 months and counting) I had one Rear jack motor go bad and I had to replace it. One outside speaker does not work. I have molding in the living room and the bathroom that is bulging away from the Wall and ceiling joint. I have had two small leaks in the underbelly storage but one was my fault and the other was due to the hose stressing the city water connection and nearly ripping the entire fixture out, I still need to fix this. I also have to say the Mattresses are the worst I have ever been on, for the money spent slightly nicer ones would have been nice considering I am going to replace all of them. Ok, that is all the negative stuff. All in all these are small things and although it would be nice to get a perfect item it rarely happens. I do love my camper, would I recommend them to other... Yes I would. But the QC should be better, some of these things were very obvious. 3 more trips this year for a total of 28 days in the Camper, think I got my use out of it the first season?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
sjarrell, you certainly have a list of things that need fixin. I'm thinkin that you need to talk to your dealer about those items. I don't understand the wire jiglin thing at the cold water heater. Have your dealer check that out. Have you called the factory about your screen wait? Or has your dealer? Glad to hear that overall you like your rig. We love ours.

Peace
Dave

sjarrell

Success through Design
I have contacted my dealer about most of the stuff. The Rear jack was a dealer installed option so they contacted the maker and they sent me a new motor. I opted to put it on rather than go to a dealership or repair shop. The screen was suppose to ship out awhile ago. My dealer did forget to send in the request but once I called them a few time I got confirmation from the factory but that was a month and a half ago. I am a little upset about the Screen though, I just took my last summer trip and have yet to use that window, and it is one of the two big ones next to the dinette. All in all I am happy but it seems that every trip something else happens, be it small stuff it is still something that requires my attention.