King Pin Stabilizer

jmaguire

I am thinking of getting one. Do they work? any advice as to what type to get? Anything i should know about them before I buy one?

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
John,

We use one, and it definitely helps stabilize the front end. DW used to comment on how the trailer moved when I walked around in the bedroom. Now she says it stays pretty still. I think it is more effective on the mid-profile, lighter trailers that the heavey ones, but I'm glad we got it. We got the aluminum one just because of the weight.

Gus

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
I am thinking of getting one. Do they work? any advice as to what type to get? Anything i should know about them before I buy one?

Well I have one right now but expect to sell it at the rally in Goshen because I just purchased a set of Ultra Fab Eliminators. We used our tripod all the time. It really helps reduce movement. Our tripod is made by BAL. It is the deluxe model with adjustable legs. Really nice.

Mark

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
We have one, the aluminum version. We can tell the difference when it's in use. I would still like to get the stabilizers for the landing gears and rear jacks. I think once we get back to WI, I'll order them.

Mariposa

Stabilizers?

jmaguire
I used the 3 leg type and replace it with the J. T. Armstrong on the landing gear and rear jacks. Now I don't have to carry something that doesn't seem to fit any where. I think the J.T. Armstrong, or of that type are better at keeping things steady. Ground does shift a bit and things move and sometimes I have to re-tighten up.
Bob

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
jmaguire
I used the 3 leg type and replace it with the J. T. Armstrong on the landing gear and rear jacks. Now I don't have to carry something that doesn't seem to fit any where. I think the J.T. Armstrong, or of that type are better at keeping things steady. Ground does shift a bit and things move and sometimes I have to re-tighten up.
Bob

I am so impressed with the J.T. type stablizer bars, we had 50mph+ winds at our last stay and the trailer was rock solid. There is a slight trick to setting them properly (tighten the knobs/screws then lower the unit a 1/4") to take all slack out.