Refrigerator Not Starting Up on Electric

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Any thoughts on why it won't start up? It worked fine on our last trip two weeks ago. The "automatic" light comes on and stays lit for about five minutes, then the check light comes on. Haven't tried it on gas yet, but doing that next.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
That's kind of a tough one not being right there to search. I'm pretty sure the control panel lights are 12 volts so maybe check the GFI in the bathroom or the circuit breaker? I know there are fuses in the brain box in the rear. One thing I'm not good at is electronic diagnostics. Gus, I also moved your question to Sundance Appliances. It will still be viewable by everyone especially those checking for new posts.

boatto5er

Thanks Ray, I've kept messing around with it (just restarting a few, make that several, times) and I think it's working now. The check light hasn't come on for over 20 minutes and the freezer is getting cold to the touch. Will check again in an hour to see if it's getting down to operating temperature. If it still isn't going right then, I'll pull the panel and see if I can find the fuses, etc. May have just been being onnery or I might not have been holding my crossed fingers in the right direction. If only everything in life could be simple.

Gus

tmcran

Had the same problem on my Sundance last week. The GFI in the front bath is on the same circuit as the AC and entertainment plug. The breaker was also tripped but re-set the GFI and reset the breaker and fixed.

boatto5er

Had the same problem on my Sundance last week. The GFI in the front bath is on the same circuit as the AC and entertainment plug. The breaker was also tripped but re-set the GFI and reset the breaker and fixed.

I had checked those right away as I recalled seeing a previous post about that happening, but everything was OK on those. After a few choice words, including a couple that probably aren't in any dictionary, it started working. Apparently threatening to run it on gas all weekend got it going:eek:.

tmcran

I had checked those right away as I recalled seeing a previous post about that happening, but everything was OK on those. After a few choice words, including a couple that probably aren't in any dictionary, it started working. Apparently threatening to run it on gas all weekend got it going:eek:.

LOL , yep as long as it works.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
FYI - I believe the check light comes on when the propane fails to ignite. This can be because the igniter works off of 12 volt and the breaker could be tripped. Also it might fail to ignite because there is air in the line or not enough propane or not enough propane pressure. For me, I have found it to usually be a slight air bubble in the line and once the air cleared it lighted. Also if the fridge does not run on 110 (AC) then the GFI breaker in the bathroom may be tripped and need to be reset.