RV EzLevel - Anyone using this?

jbeletti

Recently, on RV Today, I saw the host and the gadget guy demonstrate a 4-way RV level, to be used as an aid when leveling your RV front to back and side to side.

It looked like a must have for me (gadget freak). I ordered one. Should have it before my first trip out this year. Right now, Nancy calls out "up/down" commands while she reads the 2 foot level that I place on the RV floor.

With the RV EzLevel (link to product), I should be able to place it on the center of the floor in the RV before my final backing into a site as an aid to side-to-side leveling. Once boards are placed and I am unhitched, Nancy can more easily help me do front-to-back leveling (that is the hope anyway).

I'll post back after April 29th with a review of my first use with this item.

It retails for $50 plus s/h. I paid US$58.07 delivered.

ezleveldescpic.jpg

Jim

Last edited:

jbeletti

I don't have any of the stick on levels on my trailer. Last year, I bought the big Level Master level that mounts to the king-pin box only to find that it would not readily mount to the TrailAir pin box.

I am hoping I'll be happy with the RV EzLevel.

Jim

Brian & Tam

42 Years of Married Bliss
I use the "freeby" give-away bubble balancer. You know, the one that's about 1 1/2" square/round. I've been using one for over 30 years with great success. I put it on the stove. If the stove is level the eggs won't run to the corner of the pan.... :)

Allgyer1

I almost bought 2 last week. One for my son and one for me.
Will hold off buying and will let Jim give us his evluation/review.:)

kerry

Jim, This Is For You

The Easy Level For The King Pin Now Has Mounting Brackets Available

Kerry
Bh 3400
& Dealer

jbeletti

Allgyer1 - you're putting the pressure on me. No problem. One honest review coming up - as soon as I get it and use it.

kerry - thanks for the input on the King Pin level. I'll look for the TrailAir bracket and keep the level (not returnable to CW anyway).

Cooper - Glad to hear you are happy with your RV EzLevel. Nice to have the reassurance.

Jim

BluegrassMan

Hi All: Just keeping things "On the Level" here. When we took delivery of our GC in Mar. 05', I had the dealer install the master level on the trail air hitch. there are nice aluminum brackets placed on the hitch. It looks like Trail-Air put the level on themselves. I was pleased.

K

Ken Washington

I would sure like to know what this Easy Level looks like. I think that it would be better with one outside where you can see it. Where can it be bought and also the mount? Thanks for any help!
Ken

BluegrassMan

Guys:
I like having the level on the hitch, when you're backing in; you can see if you need to go up on how many boards. I look in my rear view, and look at the steel ball. I think each hash mark is 1".

jbeletti

Denny,

From all the input I have received on this, I have contacted Wheel Masters, asking them about a bracket for their Level Master level for a TrailAir hitch.

If they can't supply one, I'll modify the one that I bought with it or make one. I agree that for side to side leveling, it is nice to know what you need to do while you are still in the truck.

No EZ Level delivery yet! Suppose it will arrive this week as it has shipped.

Jim

Cooper

Well its Black has 4 legs low profile, has lights on all 4 legs that go from red to green and and when your trailer is level it goes to green. It looks like a kids toy.

Cooper

I will use mine this weekend also. Last time I used it it worked great. Only thing be sure the legs are parallel with the coach.

R

rickducharme

Easy Level

Hi Jim,
We are on our maiden voyage with our 2006 3400RL. At our 3rd stop, I found perfectly level ground (checked with my level on longer boards). I placed one inexpensive adhesive backed bubble level (with bubble centered) on the front corner, just above the front support extend/retract switch). Then with two-foot level on floor of unit, I adjusted the ext/ret legs in front until floor was perfectly level. I then placed the second inexpensive bubble level, around the corner on the outside of the unit near the leg support switch. Since that, at every stop, I've been able to check side to side level with the level bubble under the overhang. After any adjustment by driving onto a 4' piece of 2X10 (I have 3 pieces just in case I need more or less. Paid $5.00 for scrap 12' piece in Brazil, IN, thanks to a tip from Butch Burson at RVs for Less, in Knoxville, TN), I then unhook. Raising the unit or lowering it to follow the outside bubble center is easy and effective. I extend the rear legs just enough to provide stability. We've been on the level ever since. The adhesive levels cost about $7 at Wal-Mart. Good luck.
Rick

Forrest Fetherolf

jmramiller said:
Jim,

How about an update on how well this thing worked.

James

James,

I installed the level from the start. I saves a lot of time when parking to level up. The scale is accurate and indicates inches to level up side to side. The small level for front to rear leveling in not as reliable. The bouncing while driving will through the front to rear level off. It is worth the money.......................

Forrest

Forrest, I think you are talking about the level that mounts on the pin. I have bought one of these but have not yet installed it because I am not sure I am going to keep the stock pin - chucking issues.

I really was asking about the level with the four legs that Jim and Cooper were talking about. When I get my chucking issues straight I do plan on installing the pin level.

jbeletti

I am not happy with my EZ Level. It is not always truly reading level. I need to spend more time with it. Like fresh batteries and a new calibration. Plus, if I ever part on a level pad (concrete preferred), I can really level out the trailer manually with a 4 foot level and then calibrate and test the EZ Level.

But my early review is that I don't trust it. Hope I can prove myself wrong later on with it.

Jim