Dumb--Dumb--Dumb

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Is there any one out there that is as dumb as I am?? Went to hook up water today for the first time (getting ready for our shake down cruise this weekend) and I hooked up to the black water flush instead of the city water connection. DUMB:eek:

Fortunately, I heard this "noise" and after a couple of minutes ran outside and turned the water off, guessing what I had done. Went over to the UDC and sure enough...even though I had looked right at the City Connection sign when I was feeding the water through. Think I'll take a black magic marker to the black water cover just to make sure I don't do that stupid mistake again.:)

Keith

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
That'll be a good "Around the Campfire" story for rallies in the future!! Don't feel bad, we've all done some some pretty Dumb things. First time Itook mine to my son's to park it I went under his cable TV line without checking to see that it is only 12 off the ground. Trailer is 12'6". Guess you can fill in the rest of that story!

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Welcome to the world of camping!!! Don't feel dumb. First time we took our rig out, DW forgot to pack the sheets. That was a great night sleep.

Mariposa

dumb

Things learn not to do. don't leave the black water flush running, the valve shut, and forget what you were doing. You soon remember.
Bob

thanatos

Been There

DW did the same thing while getting the trailer ready for the season last year. She couldn't figure out why she didn't have water in the trailer. I was elsewhere in the yard. By the time she got me and I got to the unit, looked at the problem, ran to the house and turned off the water, we were a half inch from the toilet over flowing. Now she won't go into that particular compartment anymore:D.

jpmorgan37

Oh Keith;

You are not alone. We have had multiple instances in the park of water running out of RV's from toilets overflowing because of the same "miss-connection". Be grateful you caught it in time. And do as Lindy suggests. Get a new hose. Even though there is a check valve in the line, it's not worth taking a chance on having a contaminated hose.

John

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Now might be the time to paint that fitting black :eek: or use a label maker and label it POOP FLUSH ONLY

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Now might be the time to paint that fitting black :eek: or use a label maker and label it POOP FLUSH ONLY

Already Done. Got a big black B on the black water flush.

Also, at the great suggestions, I stopped by Wally World and picked up a new fresh water supply hose.

creeper

Is there any one out there that is as dumb as I am?? Went to hook up water today for the first time (getting ready for our shake down cruise this weekend) and I hooked up to the black water flush instead of the city water connection. DUMB:eek:

Keith

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As I stand up and raise my hand... How about dumber.

Was hooking up the connections at a campground in Wyoming. This new camper decides he wants to ask me a Million and one questions he has with his rented camper.

Well I hook up the fresh water to the black tank flush and then we went to dinner...

As we're coming back up the driveway the host comes running up to us and informs us of my error.

Luckily, we were tilted slightly to the curb side and most of the water flooded out the slide.

What a mess....

I felt really stupid, until we got to Dallas. I was walking the park as I usually do and see water flowing out of the bottom and slides of this camper. I found the guy and he said he knew. He did the same thing and the water was just draining from all points of his camper. He felt much better when I told him my story... At least we both laughed at the end.

navyAZ1

I have never done that but plenty of other dumb things luckily though my DW has caught me before it got bad we always try and double check each other. I did however take our label maker and label everything in the docking station in my plain english and also all switches inside the coach.