3250 ts Flooring concern

moose53

We have looked at fifth wheel campers for months and after comparing Montana's and others we finally chose Heartland Model 3250 TS. We decided to purchase a 2009 Big Country from our local dealer. On our final inspection we noticed a tear in the linoleum in the kitchen. After closer inspection we noticed that the flooring appears not to be glued down and was raised up by the furnace floor register and by the entrance door. In the bathroom we observed the same issue with the linoleum, about six inches from the shower, the flooring has raised and appears not to be adhered to the base material underneath. Our dealer says he can have this repaired as good as new, but it appears that the vinyl is laid first and then cabinets, showers and toilets are installed on top. Would this be the factory approved as a repair? We would really like to buy local but have concerns about having the flooring replaced, and if it will hold up. This thread doesn't have to be posted but I would like some input from the factory before I proceed.

Thanks,
Harvey O. Eaton
moose53

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Good question. Our 3250 had a little different problem with the vinyl flooring. The screw heads have worked their way thru the flooring in the kitchen to the point that the flooring is ripped. One place was noted by the dealer before pickup and promises to have it fixed. Says he will do it locally as a warranty item. Hope so.

KENNY COCHRAN

MCNEESE STATE COWBOYS #1
I would not worry about it. Have the dealer replace the floor, he will glue it down all over which the factory did not do in my opinion. Should be good as new. Some on here have even replace the vinyl with the imitation hardwood floor.

B

bwwalczak

Thank you for your post. This is a unusual situation. The proper people here at Heartland from our sales reps and service department are aware of this coach. We have the pictures and it is covered through our warranty department.

It is very important to us that these items do not occur, however Heartland stands behind all product.

All is being taken care of as we speak. Thank you again for the inquiry.

marina5

We have had the same problem with the flooring in our trailer, and the dealer reglued it around the register, and this spring it has come up in all the areas that you have concerns with. My trailer is now out of warranty.

Wow ... interesting! We purchased our 2008 3250TS and about 3 months later, my wife noticed what appeared to be linoleum improperly glued down in front of the slide area beneath the carpeted slide area. I made a trip to the local Home Depot and told one of their people my problem. I ended up spending about $25.00 for a small amount of mastic and invaluable "how-to" and fixed it myself.

Anyone else having a problem with the vertical wood trim on the slide room front popping loose and noticing they are held in with just staples? Ours popped loose on two (one by the kitchen sink and one across the room at the back of the dining room slide) This is easily repaired with a few well placed screws and finish matching putty.

bill148

We have found that they cut the linoleum short on the kitchen register. Not the one by the counter but the one towards the LR on our 3250 TS. It looks like shoddy workmanship. We glued it down but if you look close the linoleum is not under the register.

Within a few months of purchase of our 3250TS, my wife noticed the flooring was not glued in the area in front of the kitchen sink and along the front of the stove and refrigerator. Home Depot provided an inexpensive solution. I would have taken our unit to the dealer, but our experience has been that you're usually better served to do the repair yourself if you can do so. It would seem, from the number of posts that this problem needs factory supervisory attention.

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
Please share with the Forum Members the solution Home Depot suggested and the products used.

Interesting, after I bought our 09 3490BHS, I convinced our friends to buy a Big Country as well, after the warranty was over they noticed the Lino starting to curl
in front of thier kitchen sink,after closer inspection,it was noticed that an intire square had been cut out of the floor and replaced with another square of Lino,it appears that it was damaged at the factory, and this is how they fixed it at Heartland,if this had happened in an area that has little traffic,I could maybe see this is being a quick fix,but this is not a good fix at all, when this was done in front of the kitchen sink,Cottonwood RV in Chilliwack B.C, has had no luck to resolve this year old problem,as of yet,