Bedroom slide leak 3400 RL.

caokgafamily

My bedroom slide has been leaking for a while now. Its only happens during heavy rain. The carpet will get wet between sink and bed. If you open up the storage door under the bed slide you can see water dripping on the tool box. I don't have a slide awning topper. I think it's coming in from the top.

Any thoughts ?

Thank's
Steve.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
This has been discussed in previous threads. But to reiterate, there is a "dam on the bottom lip of the slide frame which is supposed to keep water from getting into the coach. Some have found this 'dam' to be missing or inadequate. Have the dealer check for that. In some instances it has been necessary to remove the slide to repair this. Also try searing the forum for bedroom slide water leaks and you will find several threads.

HappyKayakers

Check to make sure your slide seal securely contacts the bottom edge of your slide. Rain has been known (at least on my rig) to slide down that bottom edge past the seal. Also, it might be a good idea to apply more caulk around your window. Ours was only caulked at the top and about an inch down the side. After caulking all the way down the sides, we noticed a great improvement.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Steve, also make sure the top seal is overlapping the side seals. If not, water could get in and run down the side. Our bottom seal also doesn't flip to face out unless I actually do it by hand. The side seals should lap over the bottom seal. Kind of a natural flow diversion from top to bottom. Just my thoughts cause we've never had a leak. YET!

RVFun4Us

Steve,
We also had a leak in our 3055RL bedroom slide in December. I looked around the outside and found that the slide was not centered correctly. The seal on the right side did not fully touch the slide, allowing the driving rain to get inside on our bathroom floor. So you might look around the entire slide to make sure it is centered correctly. We had our dealer under our 1 year warranty readjust the slide and it works great now, no water intrusion.