Plugs On Front Wall Of Coach

Goldenwingers

goldenwingers
I have a Classic Landmark Mt. Rushmore and all the electrical outlets on the front wall of the coach are dead, this includes the one in the front side of the bedroom slide, the one in the closet, one above the dresser on front wall and the one in the bedroom cubby hole where the tv plugs in. I have two GFI plugs in the trailer, one at the lavatory and one in the kitchen and both have power and are not tripped. All fuses are good and no circuit breakers are tripped. Has anyone had this happen and if so what was the problem? I have removed all the dead plugs and can not find any visible signs of a problem.

Don

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
no circuit breakers are tripped. Has anyone had this happen and if so what was the problem? I have removed all the dead plugs and can not find any visible signs of a problem.

Don

Did you turn off all the CB's and then turn them back on one at a time?

The circuit breakers in my RV will trip (the one on the GFI circuit, and never look like it's open. You have to push it down all the way...and I do mean ALL the way down to reset it.

Took me 7 days of working on it to figure that one out.

Goldenwingers

goldenwingers
Yes Lefty I turned all the circuit breakers off then back on several times as I am aware of what you are saying. The only thing I can think of is that the GFI at the lavatory controls these plugs and is not passing on the currant even though it is hot and is not tripped. The GFI looks good and I see no reason for this to be the case but I can't think of any other reason for this. Thanks for the input.

Don

Niles

I would say if you think the bathroom GFI is the problem, try bypassing it, and see if you get power. Just a thought.

caokgafamily

Goldenwingers,
I had this same problem, they would come and go. My problem was the shore power outside tie in on the camper. My neutral wire green was not making contact and if you bumped it then it would. Go look back at my previous post, I put pictures in that post.

Good luck
Steve

Goldenwingers

goldenwingers
Well the problem turned out to be a loose neutral in the breaker box. Camping world found it when they jiggled the wires in there and the power returned.