Furnace Filter

Two Hands

I have read the owners manual and ran a search on our forum, but can't find an answer. Does the Surbaban furnace not have a filter? I replace the filter in my non-mobile home furnace annually and would like to do the same in my Big Horn.

SmokeyBare

Two Hands,

The Furnace does NOT have a filter. I have installed behind the cold air return grill a washable filter. Bought one at one of the home building centers... and cut it down so it would fit snuggly behind the grill.

To make it clear, this does not actually clean all the air going into the furnace... because in my BigHorn.. the area behind the cold air return... it is open to the kitchen base cabinets... it also pulls air in from the basement area.

I feel the air will be pulled through the grill mostly... the path of least resistance... so I hope it will help keep the fan blades cleaner than with out the filter in place.

Shadowchek

Most furnaces That do not have air conditioning incorporated in them do not have filters. They are nice to have but not necessary. The way your Rv Furnace is set up there really isn't a good way to install one. The reason you have one on your home system is to keep the evaporator, ( cooling coil ), coil clean. It is wet when your a/c is running and has many fins on it that will collect all of the dust instead of it blowing right through like your dry heating only furnace.

Greg