Battery Shut off

rckc228

Should the battery shut off be left in the on position when camping. Or turn off when connected to shore power.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Hi Rick,

I would say leave it on to charge the battery. We don't have a shut-off so we're getting charged all the time. By the way - that Augusta with the full body paint is AWESOME:).

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I leave mine on all of the time. There have been times when the power went off but I still had lights because they automatically switched over to 12 volt.

CrazyScotsman

I can't find a battery shut off on my BH. :(

I know I'm as blind as a bat, and as daft as a March hare. :) But hey, I'm happy. :)

jimtoo

Rick, we leave it on all the time, keeps battery charged. Unless your going to store unit someplace without power hooked up for a long time. Then we would turned it off to stop the parasite load from TV, Microwave, clocks that would drain it over a period of time.

Ken, You will not find one on your Bighorn, unless you installed it and just forgot where you put it. Bighorns do not come with a battery cutoff. I did put one on mine, but never use it unless I am going to playing with the circuits and don't want a surprise spark. It is easier than disconnecting cable from battery.

Jim M

CrazyScotsman

Jim. I figured there wasn't one on it, because my neighbor and I searched high and low for it yesterday. Neighbor couldn't believe it didn't come with one, ohh well, thats one up for his Montana. :(

lhetsler

Battery Switch

I installed one from Blue Sea Systems High Performance Battery Switch"
Misc.; $25.72
on Amazon.com It is a real nice heavy duty switch with a dial for off, # 1 battery on or # 2 battery on or both 1 and 2 on.

Battery isolation

Ihetsler,

I would really like to see your installation of this switch to be able to chose batteries.