PDA

View Full Version : Battery Shut off

rckc228
04-02-2009, 03:42 PM
Should the battery shut off be left in the on position when camping. Or turn off when connected to shore power.

boatto5er
04-02-2009, 06:40 PM
Hi Rick,

I would say leave it on to charge the battery. We don't have a shut-off so we're getting charged all the time. By the way - that Augusta with the full body paint is AWESOME:).

jmgratz
05-12-2009, 08:36 AM
I leave mine on all of the time. There have been times when the power went off but I still had lights because they automatically switched over to 12 volt.

CrazyScotsman
05-12-2009, 10:03 AM
I can't find a battery shut off on my BH. :(

I know I'm as blind as a bat, and as daft as a March hare. :) But hey, I'm happy. :)

jimtoo
05-12-2009, 10:28 AM
Rick, we leave it on all the time, keeps battery charged. Unless your going to store unit someplace without power hooked up for a long time. Then we would turned it off to stop the parasite load from TV, Microwave, clocks that would drain it over a period of time.

Ken, You will not find one on your Bighorn, unless you installed it and just forgot where you put it. Bighorns do not come with a battery cutoff. I did put one on mine, but never use it unless I am going to playing with the circuits and don't want a surprise spark. It is easier than disconnecting cable from battery.

Jim M

CrazyScotsman
05-12-2009, 11:54 AM
Jim. I figured there wasn't one on it, because my neighbor and I searched high and low for it yesterday. Neighbor couldn't believe it didn't come with one, ohh well, thats one up for his Montana. :(

lhetsler
05-12-2009, 09:52 PM
I installed one from Blue Sea Systems High Performance Battery Switch"
Misc.; $25.72
on Amazon.com It is a real nice heavy duty switch with a dial for off, # 1 battery on or # 2 battery on or both 1 and 2 on.

Borntowade
06-05-2009, 09:05 PM
Ihetsler,

I would really like to see your installation of this switch to be able to chose batteries.