First "trip" coming up

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I've made reservations at the Pine Ridge RV Campground in Birch Run, MI, for April 13 to 16, just to put the rig through its paces. It's only 40 minutes from home and right around the corner from the General RV store we bought it from. We'll bring the two fur balls up and see how they behave.

If all goes well, and I see no reason (other than the fur balls) that it won't, the 3670 will be heading north for the summer, come May 10th.

JohnDar

John, have a great "shake down" trip. Stay warm! Build big FIRE!

Thanks, Ray. Yeah, mid-April in Michigan. Wouldn't be the first time we got a major snow dump. Yesterday, it was almost 65 deg., today it won't get much above 45. Whenever we head up to northern MI, we take along two sets of clothing....summer and almost winter.

dewwood

Hope you have a great trip and the Heartland meets all expectations. Our first trip in our Heartland was to the UP we try to get up there as often as possible. Should be more often as our retirements start in June.

JohnDar

Hope you have a great trip and the Heartland meets all expectations. Our first trip in our Heartland was to the UP we try to get up there as often as possible. Should be more often as our retirements start in June.

Thanks! It should be interesting even if it's only 25 miles away. Figure we'll load all the boxes/totes of stuff that belong in the trailer and unload them at the campground. Run back home and grab the fur-brats and see how it goes for them. Probably do Bavarian Inn for dinner one day and I'm sure the wife will have some reason to drag me into Bronner's and along the main strasse... again. Unless the weather greatly improves and I find some time beforehand, I'll probably finish installing the rear stabilizers at the CG.

We've been to the UP a few times, but never camping (unless you count Drummond Island on the rocks). Wife has some family still in the Hancock area, where her parents were from. This summer from Indian River, we plan on doing a day trip and taking the Agawa Canyon train ride.