Ultra-Fab Eliminators

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
If you're planning on putting these stabilizers, or probably any other brand, on Lippert's electric rear stabilizer jacks, Model 113407, you may run into a minor problem.

To attach the strut to the jack at the pad, you need to replace the bolt with one of the swing bolts with the strut package. Unfortunately, you will need a 3 3/4" one for each leg. The package comes with two of that length, but they are needed for the front jack legs. The 3" ones are not long enough. And you cannot try using two of the shorter 1 1/4" ones because there is not enough clearance inside the leg for the washers or to properly position the nut. You will have to call Ultra-Fab and have them send you two more of the longer ones.

While back there, the support arm that attaches to the stabilizer leg will get in the way of the strut, so you will have to use the mount spacers provided. Unless you've got some really cheap and wimpy box wrenches, you will need to cut the 1 1/4" swing bolts down by about 3/8" or you will not be able to get the wrench out of the spacer after tightening the nut.

Got the front four struts mounted with no problem, just this hiccup on the rears. It looks like once the struts are mounted in the rear that you'll need to be careful not to retract the stabilizer legs up to the fully stopped position because the support arms will contact the struts before you get there, even with the mount spacers.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Me too

Hey John,
I just found out the same thing tonight. Put my front ones on and then went to do the rears and the swing bolt was too short. But what I did was change out the long bolts used on the front landing gear that attaches the clevis bracket and used a 3" swing bolt in it's place and there is just enough threads to put the lock nut on. Now I can use the 3-3/4 swing bolt on the rear jacks. Did not get to finish rear install since there was a thunderstorm on it's way. Even though the bolt swap works I still ordered (2) aditional 3-3/4" swing bolts just in case.

Mark

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Yeah, Mark, I thought about doing that too, but then Mr. Lazy took over and decided not to disassemble the front struts to get the bolts off. Looks like doing that would preclude using the "lift handles" on the fronts, as well. Not that they're absolutely essential.

To fill in some gaps and openings in the frame/underbelly, I stuck or taped some leftover window screening over the holes and then applied the spray foam insulation, spreading it all over the screen. Other spots, I just pumped the stuff in until it came back out.

Once I get the smaller swing bolts cut, I can get the mount spacers on and then all I'll have left is to change the bolts on the pads. Weather forecast don't look promising for working laying on the ground the next day or so, though.