Problems with graphics?

GARTH

My wife & I have just orderded a Bighorn 3055. Over the weekend we visited a dealer to check out the color schemes in person. We were a little concerned when we noticed problems with the new graphics they have added to the 2006 models. The red and blue swirls had areas that were pealing on them. Looked like holes in the swirl and pealing around the holes. The dealer just kind of brushed it off by saying it happened when they washed the coach, but there were at least 2 coaches that had the problem. Are the graphics not quality so this would happen? Has anyone else seen or had trouble with this? Thanks!!! Garth

igotjam

canada
Last weekend I was at a local Landmark dealer. They had 3 units out front and the dark brown stripe was peeling off on all 3 units. The 3 had been sitting on the lot for about a year. Great coach but I was surprised at the peeling.

Scott

Graphics,

I work a lot with the graphics applicators and vendors and here's what I know - when graphics are applied to the coaches, the heat in the factory needs to be above a certain temperature, the surface needs to be cleaned with isopropyl alcohol and the applicator needs to take their time. Even when all three of these prerequisites is met - there are times when the graphics have bubbles in them or do not stick as well as they do in warm weather.
The nice thing about vinyl graphics is they are really forgiving. When the coaches heat up in the summer, the vinyl and the glue become heated and many of the bubbles will disappear and smooth out on their own.
As far as edges peeling off - or even the thin brown line on the Landmarks, a high pressure water sprayer could easily do that.
It is not typical for the brown stripe to just come off on it's own once it is applied.

ST

GARTH

Thanks for your reply Scott! As a soon to be new Bighorn owner we appreciate that the factory takes the time to respond to questions and concerns. This forum seems to be a good resource! Garth