Maiden Voyage

phoenix50

Took the Augusta out this weekend for the shakedown trip and have a few wrinkles that I need a little advice on.
1. It was suggested that I have slideout awnings installed when I purchased the Augusta and I did. This weekend was windy and I felt as if the trailer was going to come apart and couldn't sleep.
2. Water pressure seemed a low. Maybe a valve isn't open fully?
3. When flushing the black water tank? BW Valve open or closed when flushing & how long should you keep the flushing water on? Does it work similar to the Flush Kng system.
And of couse, backing up will ned a little getting used to.
Otherwise it was uneventful and amny campers stopped by and commented on the coach. All GOOD comments.

Last edited:

fljlcw

Congrads on the new 5er #1 I dont think it will come apart but yes it sounds like it and the slide awnings make it sound worse but other than that you will like them we do it was so windy one night last week that we thought about getting A motel instead we slid in the slides and went to bed sort of rocked us to sleep ha
#2 some times they get A sort of air lock for lack of A better word use it for Awhile it may improve
#3 this is what I do turn on flush line ,open valve and drain,close Bt valve AND LET FLUSH line run DO NOT OVER FILL TANK( DONT ASK) open BT valve ,repeat until your satisfied it clean 1 to 3 times should do it
again congrats and enjoy your rig
FredHOC#1073

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
phoenix50, Good to hear the first trip was at least good. Your issues for now are pretty minor. #1 Many folks have ideas that may work to reduce the flapping of the slide out awnings. I have a friend that has foam balls with a rope going through them. Similar to large beads. He pulls them under the slide covers and they help form a "tent". He ties off the rope to the slide hardware underneath. Some have PVC pipes made to fit and do the same thing, Take up the slack in the covers.
#2 Is the pressure low in all the fixtures? Were you using a regulator? All of the fixtures are pressure reducing water saving fixtures so that may also be the cause for low pressure.
#3 My preference is to leave the black tank valve open while flushing. The idea behind the flusher is much like a pressure washer with less pressure. The spray is what actually helps clean the tank. If you close the valve, the tank will fill and the spray won't contact the bottom of the tank and break the solids up. AND if you forget and start doing something else, with the valve closed you stand an excellent chance of backfilling the tank into you stool room and causing major stinkys.:eek:

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Another Maiden Voyage

We also had our shake-down cruise this past weekend. Had a great time. To start things off, Tim, the owner of RV Solutions came out and got my ice maker working Friday morning. Now that's what I call fantastic service. How many dealers do house calls?? Because it was a working weekend for me, we only went about 50 miles, to a city park campground but it allowed us the opportunity to work through the systems to make sure every thing was as it should be.

Other than a few minor adjustments needed (we had one of the "strings" on the bedroom door night shade break) the biggest nit-pic was the size of the shower. It certainly is not made for someone like me who is horizontally (girth wise) challanged. And I did not like the placement of the handles for the shower. Made using the little seat in there impossible.

Other than that one point, the best way to describe our weekend was Sunday evening, we were sitting inside and Carol looked around the camper and said, "I think I'll come up to Richmond next weekend and join you camping." She was in heven

I really liked the way the Landmark towed and although I need someone behind watching the back of the rig because I couldn't see, I had no problems backing the trailer up, even though it is 4 feet longer than my old one. Now, I need to go find that thread on back-up cameras on the RV....

snuffy

We also had our shake-down cruise this past weekend. Had a great time. To start things off, Tim, the owner of RV Solutions came out and got my ice maker working Friday morning. Now that's what I call fantastic service. How many dealers do house calls?? Because it was a working weekend for me, we only went about 50 miles, to a city park campground but it allowed us the opportunity to work through the systems to make sure every thing was as it should be.

Other than a few minor adjustments needed (we had one of the "strings" on the bedroom door night shade break) the biggest nit-pic was the size of the shower. It certainly is not made for someone like me who is horizontally (girth wise) challanged. And I did not like the placement of the handles for the shower. Made using the little seat in there impossible.

Other than that one point, the best way to describe our weekend was Sunday evening, we were sitting inside and Carol looked around the camper and said, "I think I'll come up to Richmond next weekend and join you camping." She was in heven

I really liked the way the Landmark towed and although I need someone behind watching the back of the rig because I couldn't see, I had no problems backing the trailer up, even though it is 4 feet longer than my old one. Now, I need to go find that thread on back-up cameras on the RV....

That's a complaint that continues to fall on deaf ears.

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
It certainly is not made for someone like me who is horizontally (girth wise) challanged. And I did not like the placement of the handles for the shower. Made using the little seat in there impossible.

Try being large and only having one leg and trying to use that seat. Ain't happening.

Mariposa

blackwater

When flushing blackwater tank, no other project is started, not even simple ones. Just like standing guard. No conversions with others, because things happen.
Bob

KENNY COCHRAN

MCNEESE STATE COWBOYS #1
when flushing blackwater tank, no other project is started, not even simple ones. Just like standing guard. No conversions with others, because things happen.
Bob

you will get a warning message from the rv when the black water tank is full. It will be running off the top of your rv and then down the sides of your rv. Your neighbors will all come over to tell you it is full, so go ahead, get a beer inside and just wait a few minutes. ;)