New Sundance 5er

Del600

Iowa Chapter Founding Father
Picked up the new 2998RB this weekend, and we couldn't be happier.

Here is a shot of the new unit

//heartlandowners.org/picture.php?albumid=44&pictureid=187

A quick question....

Is there a master cut off switch for the electrical?

sundancekid

Yes it is called unplugging it. :)

No really not to my knowledge. THe converter panel when you enter the RV under the coat closet has your breakers in it but they are fo individual items not one Main to my knowledge.

Enjoy your new trailer!!! We ust picked ours up 3 weeks ago!!!!! Exciting isn't it.

kblasdel

Congratulations Del600. We picked our 3200ES up on Thursday. Having a great time putting things in from our old TT. Sooooooo much nicer. Now if the weather would just cooperate so we can get it out......

Del600

Even if I unplug it, won't the battery still power switches left on?

I am looking for a master switch?

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Even if I unplug it, won't the battery still power switches left on?

I am looking for a master switch?

Nice looking rig.
As for master switch, sorry, unless you had one added there is no master switch. Unplugging will only deal with the A/C, your 12 volt items are still usable until you disconnect the battery terminals, or you add a battery cutoff switch. Some things that will drain your battery because they are 12 volt would be the antenna amplifier that gets forgotten to be turned off, the LP detector that cannot be turned off unless you pull the fuse. The Refer may also use up your battery and LP if not properly switched off.

Del600

Thank you, thats what I was looking for.

Has anyone installed a aster switch?

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
I had my dealer do the install but there really is nothing to it. Here are some pics from our Bighorn. I originally took these pics to show off the finished storage compartment but it does help show the switch.

Good luck,
Mark

Attachments

• storage1.jpg
    storage1.jpg
    236.9 KB · Views: 96
  • storage3.jpg
    storage3.jpg
    236.9 KB · Views: 82

Del600

Mark
That is exactly what I was looking for..... I did not not even thing of using a marine style switch (I owned boats for years).

Thanks again
Mark

grizzlygiant

I installed a marine type master switch on my Sundance which eliminates all battery drain (parasidic + forgotten lights). It also eliminates the operation of the jacks which is a good reminder to me to flip the switch on before taking off. I do have the solar battery charger connected unswitched to the battery.

Batt disconect

On my 31QBS I installed a master cut off on the ground or negative side. I like using the ground as a cut off this way there is not a hot wire to worry about shorting out. Worked on the race cars works for my TT.

100_2244.jpg

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Gary, I agree with you on putting the shut off switch on the negative side. Makes me nervous to see the cut off switch on the positive side. You could get spikes when turning on the switch when hooked to the positive side. When hooking up a battery, one should always connect the positive side 1st and then the negative side. The same way you should jump start a car, positive cable, then negative. my 2cts Bob:D

kampfirekid

This site is a real problem for me. We currently have a 2009 31BHD North Trail travel trailer. Suddenly I've gotten the urge to look at a fiver. Pretty stupid since we just got our 2009 North Trail 31BHD last fall. We didn't have the rig to pull a fiver then, otherwise we'd have gotten a fiver. Now, I'm trying to figure how long I'm going to have to wait to get a fiver to take the least hit. It really bothers me since the Sundance fiver we looked at last September was only about $3,000 more than our current travel trailer. It all boiled down to the truck. I had an F-150 Supercrew. Now, I have an F-350 Stroke. I still see the same fiver sitting there and the dealer can't give it away in this economy. Maybe it's for a good reason, though. The Sundance is a 2009 285BH, and now that I've seen a few of the new floorplans, it's clear we'd be more satisfied with some other floorplan. We only have two kids, but I can see a few friends coming along, too.

Oh, well. I guess I can dream. I just hate to mod out my 31BHD just to dump it in a few years. But then again, we camp about a dozen times a year, and over about three to four years (the time I figure we'll own our current rig), thats thirty-six to forty-eight enjoyable trips with a trailer modded out the way we like it.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
This site is a real problem for me. We currently have a 2009 31BHD North Trail travel trailer. Suddenly I've gotten the urge to look at a fiver. Pretty stupid since we just got our 2009 North Trail 31BHD last fall. We didn't have the rig to pull a fiver then, otherwise we'd have gotten a fiver. Now, I'm trying to figure how long I'm going to have to wait to get a fiver to take the least hit. It really bothers me since the Sundance fiver we looked at last September was only about $3,000 more than our current travel trailer. It all boiled down to the truck. I had an F-150 Supercrew. Now, I have an F-350 Stroke. I still see the same fiver sitting there and the dealer can't give it away in this economy. Maybe it's for a good reason, though. The Sundance is a 2009 285BH, and now that I've seen a few of the new floorplans, it's clear we'd be more satisfied with some other floorplan. We only have two kids, but I can see a few friends coming along, too.

Oh, well. I guess I can dream. I just hate to mod out my 31BHD just to dump it in a few years. But then again, we camp about a dozen times a year, and over about three to four years (the time I figure we'll own our current rig), thats thirty-six to forty-eight enjoyable trips with a trailer modded out the way we like it.

Get the 5er...you won't regret it and life is short. We went from a 22'6" box bumper pull to this 30' 8" Sundance, our new rig is now 6" shorter overall bumper to bumper! yet has 7' more living space, more head room, pulls better with the same MPGs, more cargo sf, bigger tanks...ect.