We Took the Plunge!

Hogladyrider

After months of looking and selling our previous RV we took the plunge and we are purchasing a 2009 BH 3600RL from Lake Shore RV.

DH will be leaving Florida for the drive to MI to p/u the 5th wheel.

We found a BH with all that we wanted, dual pane windows, fireplace, quad slide with covers etc etc.

The "story" goes the unit was ordered for a customer and the deal fell thru.

We are really excited and thrilled and we feel we got a fantastic price, saved double digits over what any Florida dealer had to offer without dual pane windows and slide covers.

We are really looking forward to joining the Heartland family.
Will post pictures once the deal is sealed and we have the 5r home!
Susan

dewwood

Congratulations! I am sure you are very excited and can't wait to get your new Heartland. We purchased ours from Lakeshore and had a good experience with them and would go back again. Mike will probably do your PDI and he is very good. Have fun!

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
That's great news and welcome to the Heartland family. Can't wait to hear how things go. Keep us posted.

Mark

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Congratulations! You will love your new 3600RL...best floorplan out there...even though I'm a little biased!! LOL;)

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Way to go on your new BH. I know you'll enjoy it!! Now you just have to figure out how to get the Harley in the living room while on the road.:):)

Del600

Iowa Chapter Founding Father
Ditto on Lakeshore and Double Ditto on Mike.

We had a SUPER experience!!!!!!

Hogladyrider

Update!

Waiting is it the toughest part.........we are waiting on all the paperwork needed so DH can leave FL and head to MI to p/u the B/H. He hopes to leave this evening.

It seems that NOTHING is "simple" these days! We had all the bank arrangments made and approved prior to the purchase, but yikes one has to follow up on everything in order to get things accomplished.

It is probably just because we are so anxious to get the 5r home. We have searched for many months for this purchase and we are very excited!

We have found lots of great PDI tips here on this forum and DH has a checklist with him!
Susan

PS-the Harley is now living in TN and a Goldwing will be with us!

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Congratulations and don't forget to checkout and join the Heartland Owners Club. Click on the link to it on this forum to get the information. You will need the vin to your unit to join. Hope to meet you at the national rally in June at Goshen In.

Hogladyrider

Thanks

We plan on signing up for the HOC as soon as we get the B/H home.

Call me superstitious but I don't want to get too far ahead of myself.

This forum has been invaluable to us since joining.

Thanks to all.
Susan

Hogladyrider

FINALLY Heading North to P/U Big Horn!

DH is heading out tonight after work for the 1200 mile drive to Michigan to p/u our new Big Horn.

This has been a stressful week waiting to be able to leave and scheduling time off work to go get our new RV.

We may just stay in it in our back yard when he gets it home.

For SURE we will be heading out the weekend of the 24th for a shakedown, since DH will have to work the weekend of the 18th.

Will post pics when it finally arrives in Florida.
Susan

Hogladyrider

Safe & Sound at Lakeshore in MI

Well Gary made it safe and sound to Lakeshore RV in MI.

He got all the way to Indianapolis on Saturday so only had a short drive today.

He had spoken with John on Saturday to let him know he would be arriving on Sunday and John encouraged him to walk around the lot and be at home as no one else would be there, which we expected.

Gary has finally settled in a nearby hotel room for the remainder of Easter Sunday. He saw our new B/H in the service area being prepped so Monday morning is the PDI!

Big difference in temperatures between Florida and MI, it's still chilly up there!

This is so exciting for us we have searched for six months for a 5th wheel after deciding to move up from our 30' toy hauler.:D