Edge

I am considering purchasing a new Edge M21. How does it pull with a suv--Lexus GX470. Does it sway while being pulled? How does it compare with other units in quality of construction. I noticed in a new model on the showroom floor that the wall was pulling away from the sink.
Thanks
Ron:p

M

Mcreech

Ron,
The Edge is a new product from Heartland and with any new product there are some kinks to work out, one of them being the Kitchen counter top attachment.....The Edge is all about weight as you can see we are about 500-600lbs less then the competition....Now saying that we are using epoxy glue to bond the kitchen counter top to the kitchen base frame and some of the early glue we were using wasn't holding the bond good enough, we have since changed the type of Epoxy used as well as lenghtening the set up time, this has cured the problem that you noticed....Now the best part about owning a Heartland, is that we stand behind the product like no other company.....Rest assured we will send the dealer the correct Epoxy to correct the problem or if it is something else, we will get it solved so you can enjoy your new Edge..... Also, the feedback from drivers is that the Edge tows great...

I hope this helps with your decision..

Mike C

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Ron,
The Edge is a new product from Heartland and with any new product there are some kinks to work out, one of them being the Kitchen counter top attachment.....The Edge is all about weight as you can see we are about 500-600lbs less then the competition....Now saying that we are using epoxy glue to bond the kitchen counter top to the kitchen base frame and some of the early glue we were using wasn't holding the bond good enough, we have since changed the type of Epoxy used as well as lenghtening the set up time, this has cured the problem that you noticed....Now the best part about owning a Heartland, is that we stand behind the product like no other company.....Rest assured we will send the dealer the correct Epoxy to correct the problem or if it is something else, we will get it solved so you can enjoy your new Edge..... Also, the feedback from drivers is that the Edge tows great...

I hope this helps with your decision..

Mike C

Ron,
This is just the type of situation that puts Heartland head-and-shoulders above all the competition out there. Factory involvement here on the forum is by far better than any you will see in the industry. As Mike as said, Heartland will stand behind their products and make good when necessary. You just cannot go wrong with a Heartland product.

Good luck,
Mark

ddhburns

Ron,

We pull an M21 with a 6-cylinder Toyota 4Runner (with over 100,000 miles on it) without any problem. It even handled well BEFORE installing the brake controller!

Doug

Last edited:

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Ron, if you haven't already read it, this thread has a good description from a members towing experience. You should be fine with a Lexus.
//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?t=11391

mikeyy53

We tow our edge with a 2008 chevy trailblazer with a 6 cylinder. It did sway on the highway, however once I got the weight distributing bars set correctly and the sway control set correctly it towed like a dream. This was our first experience with a full size trailer, our previous trailer was a SOB bi fold trailer that the towing vechile was higher than the trailer. We recently purchased a 2006 GMC Envoy and pricked up the trailer from the dealer after repairs were done and it towed great, without the bars or sway control.

We pulled the Edge M21 with a 2004 Nissan Pathfinder 6-cylinder all summer. It was fine except for long steep hills. Those situations put a lot of stress on the transmission. We have since upgraded to a 2008 Dodge Crewcab Hemi and now it's... ..."what camper?' Pulls and stops like a dream. When the admin gives me permission I will post a picture of our rig. Oh yeh, we... ...and our two border collies... ....love the Edge!

Towing the Edge M21

We pulled our M21 all summer with a 6-cylinder Nissan Pathfinder. It did fine except for long, steep pulls. It was putting a bit too much stress on the transmission so we broke down and bought a Dodge Hemi. What a combo! We love the Edge and the Hemi and can't wait for warm weather to break so we can be on the road again. Here's a couple of pictures of the the two setups.

Attachments

• Hemi.JPG
    Hemi.JPG
    348.2 KB · Views: 53
  • Pathfinder.JPG
    Pathfinder.JPG
    337.7 KB · Views: 52