Tire Pressure

DickO

Question

I have ordered LT 235/75/R16G tires on my 3055 Bighorn. Have to shop for a new compressor before I pick the Bighorn up at the end of the month. What is the Pressure stamped on the side of the tire?

Thanks

boatdoc

Should be 110 PSI rated at "G". Check on heer for compressor threads, we've had a few. I know several of us have the Sears style for about a $100.00. It works great and most of us keep it in the trailer somewhere, some have permantly mounted it.

jimtoo

The factory does not list "G" rated tires as an option. Is your dealer going to install the tires or have it done locally? The BH 3055RL comes with 6000# axles and "E" rated tires which use a max of 80# pressure and the wheels are rated for only 80# pressure also. If the dealer is doing a change out for you, the wheels need to be changed also. Better make sure before you start putting to much pressure on the wheels.

Jim M

jnbhobe

Hi Jim; The factory will do some upgrades but it usually has to go thru the dealer.I was able to upgrade my 3370 to 7000# axels and goodyear 614's.Its not cheep by any means. See Ya Soon JON;);)

jimtoo

HI Jon,

Yes, that's great if ordered from factory with 7000# axles, just want to make sure dealer is not just changing out the tires to make a sale. Wish factory would update option list and show that as an upgrade.

And yep, should see you in about 60 days in Goshen.

Jim M

DickO

I am getting this done through the dealer. WILL be checking that everything is on the up & up. I refuse to use ST tires. The ONLY problem I have with Heartland is that they do not put LT tires on all their products. I do understand the economics of it though.

Dick

grizzlygiant

........and the wheels are rated for only 80# pressure also. .......
Jim M

My 2008 Bighorn 3400 came from the factory with 6000# axels and 120# rated aluminum wheels. I installed Goodyear G614 tires with steel stems and ran them at 100psi.