Travel Iron

Two Hands

The Conair ez press steam iron we bought at Target does not work well at all because, per my CEO, "it does not get hot enough." Does anyone know of a steam travel iron that works as well as household iron?

deee2

Sorry, can't help you. I absolutely refuse to iron in the RV. Period, end of report. :)

CrazyScotsman

I have an elcheapo Black& Decker steam iron from Wally World, it works OK and that and the table top ironing board fit nicely in the coat closet by the door.
deee2. If you had the washer / dryer combo that we have, believe me, you would use an iron in your RV. The clothes get more wrinkled than a Sharpei ( wrong spelling ) dog has.
Cheers... Ken

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
We have a Black and Decker travel iron. It is the folding type and works very well. It gets lots of use while Beverly quilts.

deee2

well, if I was full timing I would have to iron. And wouldn't you know, one of my favorite tops needs ironing. GEEEEEEEZ I do not like to iron! I'd rather clean and do laundry or grocery shop or play in the yard or ride a bike! I'm fine. lol

Christytra

Why a travel iron? I use a cheap, grocery store, $12.00 model. It doesn't take much more space than a travel iron yet heats and steams better than the travel iron. The weight of a cheap iron is about the same as a travel iron. I know I would start problems on other boards but..... I have too much space in my North Trail! I really don't mind ironing and have plenty of space to carry a real iron.

enthuz

I use a household Sunbeam Super Steam Iron at home and in the RV. I have never seen a good travel iron. I noticed the while on business travel more and more hotel chains are using Sunbeam's hotel line now. It gets hot and puts out plenty of steam. Also the "dorm" iron board works great. I just wish I could find the teflon cover.

KoolQlt

Rowenta makes a good travel iron that does steam, and gets VERY hot. These can be purchased at JoAnn's craft stores, or online @ Joanns.com. Sign up for the coupons.

Don't press down on the handle too hard, the latch will break. It gets hot enough that it doesn't take as much pressure. It works great for quilting in the NorthTrail!

Ila in SoDak
http://koolqlt.blogspot.com

The Conair ez press steam iron we bought at Target does not work well at all because, per my CEO, "it does not get hot enough." Does anyone know of a steam travel iron that works as well as household iron?

bishop32

I agree with you KoolQlt, Rowenta makes some good travel irons. I think if you travel with your family you must keep travel iron along with during in travel.