Houston Fall 2009 rally

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
The Heartland Fall rally will again be held at the Rayford Crossing RV Resort. This is the nicest park in Houston and the State of Texas. It is one of two, 10-10-10 parks in the United States. Everyone that has attended one of our previous rallies at this park has raved about it.

The rally will be a 4-day event to be held on Thursday October 15th thru Sunday October 18th, 2009. Rally activities are to be announced near the time of the rally.

The sign-up procedures are changing slightly. Guests are now asked to contact the park directly, either by telephone at
281 298-8008 or by email at rayfordcrossing@sbcglobal.net

When contacting the park, please be sure to mention that you are coming to the Heartland rally and then contact me by posting your message on this forum or by sending me a PM or email. This way, there will not be any confusion of who is coming and which site they will be in.

The rally rates will be determined at a later date and can be extended two days prior to the rally and two days after the rally ends.

We have reserved most of the front section of the park, 41 sites, but remember we had 39 at our last rally.

1. Jay and Stella Coffman #74
3. Bill and Ornell Sims #95
4. Bob and Pat Curry #77
5. Berry and Janet Sanders #54
6. Ricky and Dee Cobb #97
7. Tom and Marti Mangum #57
8. Jerry and Diane Talley #82
9. Jim and Sheila Gratz #81
10. Bob and Christina Seaman #37
11. Billy and Anna Holt #99
12. Jaime Gallegos #52
14. Don and Bonnie McGee-SOB and Billy Holt's uncle #78
15. Tom and Judy Atkinson #80
16. Charlie Harris #79
17. David and Susan Gondron #
18. Tommy and Jackie Sims #96
20. Kevin and Susan Rutledge #100
21. Randy and Jan Wheiles #75
22. Bob and Sue Lawson #58
23. Buddy and Maureen Riddle #101
24. Dick and Gayle Savoie #102
25. Ruth Fauss and Charles Bland
26. Joe Grundmeyer

Last edited:

KENNY COCHRAN

MCNEESE STATE COWBOYS #1
Jay - great job doing the spring rally. We really had a good time. Just did not get to meet everybody there. Too much shopping on our list. Remind me a month before the fall rally and i will see if i can get you some door prizes.

We have a home football game that weekend and will have to miss the fall rally.

Ps - change your signature to the new fall rally!
Kenny

jayc

Kenny,
It was nice to meet you and we are sorry you will have to miss the fall rally.

I got the sig changed and thanks for reminding me.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Hay Kenny..
I know what the problem is.. going to the ball game then driving from New Jersey. :rolleyes:

Was nice to meet you.. We will hang a string of beads on the site so you won't be forgotten..:D

BC

djmeisel

Thanks for including us last weekend, Jay. We signed up for October, but don't know yet whether we will be arriving on Thursday or on Friday...will advise you and the park by 8 Oct.

Don and Judy Meisel

jayc

Great Don, you're the first to sign up! I'm planning to line up some seminars for full timers on Friday and for everyone on Saturday.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Well I guess that you guys will have to put up with us again..
We have made a reservation for the Oct Rally.
We have requested site #77, arrive Oct 12 and leave on Oct. 19.

We will be looking forward to seein you all again.

BC

jayc

I've finally found the time to make a post here letting everyone know that I've added their names. I've been so busy at the rally and now that I've been on the streaming video, I've got to spend some time doing my makeup before going back over there LOL.

I also added Ricky and Dee Cobb, who used to live at the park.

I'm working on some speakers for this rally. I was thinking about two (one for the guys and one for the girls) for Friday, mostly aimed at full timers, or full time wanta-be's and then another visit from Alex from the 3-G store to help all of us out with our Internet connections on Saturday. If anyone has an idea or a suggestion, please let me know.

KENNY COCHRAN

MCNEESE STATE COWBOYS #1
Hey jay - aren't you the one that was between 2 prevosts at rayford. Guess what, we were at buckhorn lake resort in kerrville, tx., this past week. They are having a prevost rally there. They will have 49 of those there. Talk about some awesome rigs. The paint job on the one next to me must have cost more than my bighorn and truck combined. Wife asked if i was going to lock the door when we took a walk to gawk at some of them one day, i told her to leave the door open, i don't think i had anything the prevost people would want!
Also i would rate buckhorn lake resort as the best park we have ever stayed in. Makes the #1 rayford crossing park look really 2nd rate. This place is really great. Kenny

jimtoo

Kenny,

I really have to agree with you on the rating of Buckhorn Lake RV Resort. They are above #1 if that is possible. Rayford Crossing is very nice, but the sites are not level and overall is just not as good as Buckhorn Lake. We have been holding the Kerrville Sweetheart Rally there for 7 years now and you cannot beat the room that is avaliable for use and service if you want a catered meal or just the use of the cooking area.

I am not putting Rayford Crossing down... but I think Buckhorn Lake RV is tops.

Jim M

jbeletti

Been to both places this year with my RV (Jim's RV/net rally and Jay's Spring Heartland Rally). Each resort has it's own charm. Loved them both.

Jim

jayc

Kenny, you may be thinking about Tom, who was parked between the Prevosts in October after our rally (a rose among thorns). The week after our rally, they had 55 Prevosts in the park.

I agree that Buckhorn is a very nice park. We've been there several times, although we've never had their catered meals. We are planning to come to the Sweetheart Rally next year, and will be more careful where we buy our fuel before we go.

TomMar

Retired Texas-South Chapter Leader
Fall Rally

Jay;
Please go ahead and sign Marti and Me up for the Fall Rally. We will be coming back from Eureka Springs Arkansas that week so we will not get to Rayford until Friday. Do we need to go ahead and contact Gwen to get our spot reserved? Looking foward to another great rally.

Tom & Marti:):cool:

jayc

Tom,
I'll add you and Marti to the list. Please do contact the park to make your reservations.

talley

Jay, please sign Jerry and Diane Talley for the Fall Rally. We will be in;

Site #82 arriving on Wednesday October 14 ...out on Monday. Already contacted Rayford Crossing.

You are doing a great job, thank you for your efforts.:):)

Jerry

Last edited:

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Jay,
Please put Sheila and I on the list too. We are arriving on Oct 14th and leaving on the 19th. We have reserved site 81 with Rayford Crossing. See you in Goshen

jayc

Jerry and Diane & Jim and Sheila, I got you down.

We're gonna have another blast!

talley

Jay... FYI, the Houston fall rally is not shown on the Forum Portal page where all other rallys are listed. Just thought it might be an oversight. Everybody is busy!!!:):)

Jerry