My drawers are sagging

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Just thought I would throw this out. Pat was rearranging things this last weekend and we found that the BIG drawers that we keep pots and pans in, the bottoms sag alot. They also rub on the rollers that support the middle on the drawers. Has anyone addressed this issue themselves?? I have an idea, but would like some input from some others. BTW, I asked JB what he thought, but just said that I need to get a belt. Very funny JB HA HA:p Bob :D

Last edited:

SmokeyBare

Drop in a sheet of plywood... cut to fit the inside from side to side... front to back. No need to glue it down, just lay it inside the drawer.

I'd use 3/8 thick ply. That will double up the support for the weight of the pots and pans. You should be able to find plywood sheets cut 24" X 24" in most home building centers.

We use that drawer for plastic lids at the back and in front of the lids we have a cardboard box we store potatoes and onions. Our pots and fry pans are in the cupboard above the slide out can goods pantry.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Bob, we had a drawer that had heavy stuff in it and it too started sagging in the center. What I found was that the weight was pulling the bottom board out of the staples on the sides. I took the bottom out and glued an re-stapled the thing. Nice and solid now and so far so good.
Peace
Dave

Bob&Patty

Yes Ken, it is a personal problem. It is made worse because Patty is upset about it. Get my drift. A mad redhead is nothing to screw with, ask Kenny. Weinie sandwich's every nite and sleeping in the horn is not really what I had in mind.:eek:. Bob:(

Bob&Patty

Marv, thats what I was thinking of doing. Dave, if I can get the drawers out, I will give that a whirl. Maybe I will do both. Thanks guys and Ken2 :pfor the input. Bob:D