Sundance 3300 FB

Howzit

Hi there,

My name is Neal, wife Kam and 4 kids. We are seriously looking into getting a 5th wheel and after months of research have narrowed our search down to Heartland. We were close to pulling the trigger on a Sunnybrook Brookside but I like what I see and hear about Heartland.

We drive a 2008 F250 SWB 4x4 and the Sundance looks to be about the right size.

Our local dealer does not have the 3300 FB in stock, nor does anyone else close by. Does anyone here own one and what has their experience been like so far?

Cheers,
Neal

sundancekid

Hi Neal and Family,

My wife, daughter and I recently purchsed our new Sundance 2900 RK. THis is our first camper and can not be happier with the purchase although we are just a few weeks into it. The quality and craftsmenship are great compared to other models we looked at and the local dealer service and knowledge was great.

We took our Maiden voyage and had a couple of water leaks that were just oose connections at the water heater, easy fix, reach hand in and turn! That would be my one recomendation before anything is go through on the back of the water heater and all of the service points and just double check everything. Lots of things can happen in shipment.

You will read good things and bad things that people may have experienced on this forum but look at it this way Heartland actually has a forum for you to see what others are experiencing. When you have these types of portals you are going to hear everything. If your like me I would rather hear than hear nothing at all. It is very nice to have this tool as a heartland owner.

I think you are making the right choice. I wish you and your family many memories as ours are just begining, at 30 yrs old and 2 yr daughter I am sure we will have many to last a lifetime!

Enjoy!

jimtoo

Hi Neal,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the Heartland Family. As sundancekid stated you will see good and bad about the different units, but the Heartland factory does monitor some parts of the forum and will actually talk to you about a problem or help get it solved if you have one.

Jim M

sandman

Hey neal welcome to the heartland just wanted to say i have had a 29rk sundance since 2007 and it has been great pulled it a lot of miles and have had very little go wrong some minor things loose screws that type of things but overall fantastic, so camping and have great time.

lmcclure

1st Tennessee Member#1084
Welcome to the forum, you might as well call the factory and see if anyone has a 3300 in stock, because you are hooked already. DW and I have been camping for years, Tents, Popup, TT, and last August bought a 3200ES and could not be happier. We are at that stage of life where we are making plans to hit the road fulltime and this is exactly what we needed. Heartland seems to be one of the best companies out there with help if needed. Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Razorback

We have a 3300fb

Hi Neal and family, We bought a 2010 Sundance 3300fb about 1 month ago and left almost immediately for a 1400 mlie roundtrip. This is our 5th fth wheel in 15 years and so far our experience has been very positive with this unit. I had a minor water leak from the hot water heater which was easily fixed. We love having the master bedroom in the rear and the kids say they like their bunks up front better than they liked their previous bunks even with a slide in the rear. If I can answer any other questions about this model please let me know.

Howzit

Thank you to all that have replied. Much appreciated.

With 4 kids (one 12 year old daughter and three boys, 10, 4 & 2) the 3300 FB looks like the perfect fit for us. We have checked out a number of 5'ers with rear bunks, Montana, Durango, etc. but there is little headroom on the top bunk in a slide. We also like the rear queen setup.

Razorback, we are absolute rookies at this and are going to need all the help we can get. We intend to buy in the next month so have a lot of homework to do. What deal did you get on your 2010 and are there any 2009 left? I see some listed but none near Wichita.

Yeah, I'm pretty much sold on the Sundance and Heartland looks like a great company.

Cheers,
Neal

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Neal, Welcome to the Heartland Forum. You might try contacting Heartland and ask them to locate the closet dealer that has one for you to see in person. For such a large purchase I would certainly like to see what I'm buying beforehand. If you are happy with what you see you can special order one from your local dealer and get exactly what you want for options. Good luck with your decision.

Razorback

Hey Neal

Neal it's hard to say what kind of deal we got. We traded in a 2006 model (30ft bunk w/2 slides) . But I think it was a fair deal. We gave $14,000 difference and considering all the trouble we had with the trade-in (leaking roof twice, blown out tire with trailer damage, and other issues too numerous to mention I felt lucky to leave that trailer. I should mention both trailers were purchased from same dealer and he was aware of the problems and took good care of the issues. But after long rsearch I felt we were getting a much better quality rv. My wife had a page of issues for the dealer to fix on the trade-in after our 1st trip, but none with this Sundance after our 1st trip. We had no option on the year model where we bought ours. This was the only one available, but it is a small town. There may be others available in larger markets. The differences I have noticed on the 2010 versus the 2009 are the graphics are a blue instead of red and the front cap is redesigned. The price quoted here was $xxxxx I think. I also have a F-250 tow vehicle, however I may have to look at some air bag suspension because it seems that the hitch weight of the 3300fb loaded may be a little heavy and seems most noticeable on the front axle of the truck on the interstate which feels too light?

Last edited by a moderator:

Howzit

Howdy RB and thanks for the feedback. One thing I noticed on the 2010 brochure that was not in the 2009 was a request from Heartland to buy from you local dealer as they are under no obligation to do warranty work on any RV not sold by them. Do you have any concerns on your 1500 mile trip? I'll be moving to Iowa in June for the summer and then who knows where in September?! I don't want to run into dealers who do not do warranty work for Heartland.

SDK, I see you are in Kansas too - maybe we'll bump into each other. I'll check with CMS in Garden City. Thanks for the tip!

Howzit

Neal, Welcome to the Heartland Forum. You might try contacting Heartland and ask them to locate the closet dealer that has one for you to see in person. For such a large purchase I would certainly like to see what I'm buying beforehand. If you are happy with what you see you can special order one from your local dealer and get exactly what you want for options. Good luck with your decision.

Ray, thanks for the welcome. I will certainly contact Heartland to see before I buy.

Cheers,
Neal

Razorback

Warranty issue

Not sure about that warranty question Neal. Not had a occasion to use it yet. Maybe someone who's had experience (more than my one month) could help with that. But I do know that your always taking the chance with the rv lifestyle that you won't be near a dealer who is authorized to work on your particular rv, but you can't let that keep you from enjoying the places you want to go.None