2010 3580rl ?

Smokeater

Can anyone tell me if the Cherry Wood decor in the 2010 is actually cherry wood or Stained oak with cherry coloring? Thanks! Mary

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Smokeater, I moved your post into the Prospective Owner Questions area. A more fitting place for your question. While I'm not familiar with the interior decor of all of Heartlands product, is it safe to assume your question is referring to the Landmark Line?

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Mary, I just noticed that you referred to the 3580 in your original post. Sorry, didn't notice that. I'm confident that someone in the know will reply soon. If not, I'll move your question to the Ask the Factory section.

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
I got an e-mail from factory on the wood products when asking about wood stain. I was told all the wood used was ash , stained to match oak or cherry.I think all the brochures states all HARDWOOD CABINETS not specifically oak or cherry....Kenny

Last edited:

Smokeater

Thank you for your prompt reply. That does answer the question we had. We are in the final stages of buying a Bighorn 3580RL. Thanks again!

Last edited:

skyguy

Mary - you might try to search on "cherry" in the forums. There have been some negative comments about the cherry decor, in particular it seems to scratch or mar easily, leaving a light colored mark if it is scratched or marred.

Another person remarked he lives near salt air, and his cherry had "faded".

I think it is a beautiful color, but decided against it, because it is easier to ruin...

3580rl

My husband and I have been looking at the Big Horn 3580RL and are thinking about getting one in the future. I was just wondering because the slide is longer than most slides has any one had problems with it moving in or out? Also when the slides are closed are you able to get to the refrigerator?
Thanks Nancy

fljlcw

no havent noticed any more movement than the other slides and no you cant get to the fridge but we just push the button and slide out enjoy your new rig and welcome to the group
Fred

3580rl

Thank you very much for the info about the slide. The day we looked at the one at the dealership it was pouring down rain so we didn't get to see the trailer with the slides in.
Thanks
Nancy:rolleyes:

Bobby A

We have been in our 3580RL a little over a week now, love the floorplan, very little wrong at this point except all the slides need adjusting.

Are the adjustments that you have done to your slides something that you have done yourself? Or did you have to take it back to the dealership where you bought it?:cool:. Just wondering since you have only had it a week what do you like best about it? Or the least?
Nancy

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Yes Nancy, the slides are easy to adjust if needed. If you feel uncomfortable about doing it yourself, have your dealer do it. When you do your PDI look at the seals inside and out. Make sure the slide seals against the inside wall securely. Take you fingers and see if you can put it between the wall and the slide inside seals. Make them adjust them right on the spot. Bob

Bobby A

Nancy,
So far we love our 3580, it has lots more storage than our previous unit, we love the residential feel of the bedroom, we ordered the queen size bed for the extra floorspace and extra night stand on each side of the bed. The toilet room is bigger than our last unit but the shower is a bit smaller. As Bob mentioned above the slides can be adjusted yourself, you can go to the Leppert web site for guidence or Bob can walk you through it. I will be taking mine to the dealer on Thursday because all 3 need adjusting, and a few minor problems to be addressed. You can PM me if you need more info. We really done our home work on this unit, we are completely satisfied with our decision, I just wanna get these slideouts corrected, then I will be happy.

Thanks again for the info. I have been on this site almost daily for the last month reading what other people have to say about the Heartland product. And for the most part I have really liked what people have been saying. My husband and I have been looking at new trailers for close to two years now and the Heartland is the one that both of us really like the most. We currently own a 33' TT with bunks and would like to have something a little more like home. I am please to hear that everyone with the 3580 floorplan seem to be very satisfied with their unit. Good luck with your slides.
Thanks again;)
Nancy