Ultr Fab Eliminators

ralphpam

I just ordered a set of the eliminators and I remember reading that you need to get longer bolts for the rear scissor jacks. Could you let me know the length that I need. Thanks for your help.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Hey Ralph,
Yes I just ordered my extra pieces. You will need Item #6 which is (2) additional Bolt-Swing 3/8-16 x 3-3/4. I also asked for an additional caution sticker for my rear jacks. I would call them to request what you need. I tried two times to get them from their website through their order parts system and did not get a response. I ended up sending the request directly to their custom service department explaining that I tried multiple times through their order parts system and did not get a response. I received a phone call that same day telling me my parts are in the mail. No cost as far as I know.

Good luck,
Mark

boatdoc

Ultra fab Twist

Hi Guys, When I installed mine I gave it a little twist. When traveling you turn the wingbolts tight so not to fall out, well I knew I'd somehow forget to do that all the time so I safety wired them on. here's a pic.

Attachments

• ultrafab.jpg
    ultrafab.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 76

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Hey Gary,
That is a great idea. I was thinking about that same problem of loosing the t-bolts because I forgot to tighten them. My solution was to buy extra t-bolts and have them on hand. I like your solution better.

Great job,
Mark

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I also called Ultra-Fab directly and got the two extra 3 3/4" bolts. They arrived within days.
I like the idea of safety wiring the T-bolts, but if you do lose them, the same bolts used to secure the struts to the swing bolts, and the swing bolts themselves have the same threads, so you could use one of the extra parts for a field repair. I put a couple in my rig's tool kit, just in case.

JohnDar

I was able to rig up these safety wires in short order. Got some 8" steel leaders and small split rings from the sporting goods store. Used some 1" key rings on the T-bolts after drilling a 1/8" hole. With these, I can disconnect the "keepers", tighten/untighten the T-bolts, and resecure them. Total cost was under $10 to do all six struts. I attached the small split rings to the ring on the leader so I could pass the clip through it and around the strut.

JohnDar

We just got back from our first short trip. For some reason, I still have considerable shaking in the rear of the coach. The front felt really stable, but if you're sitting at the rear and someone is moving about, you can feel it wiggle side to side. The shimmy of the shade on a small table lamp between the recliners confirmed it . :confused: Thought I had the rear jacks down pretty snug, before tightening up the struts, but...

mike3fan

We just got back from our first short trip. For some reason, I still have considerable shaking in the rear of the coach. The front felt really stable, but if you're sitting at the rear and someone is moving about, you can feel it wiggle side to side. The shimmy of the shade on a small table lamp between the recliners confirmed it . :confused: Thought I had the rear jacks down pretty snug, before tightening up the struts, but...

If you don't already try some BAL tire chocks they are good for taking some of the shake out of the tires.

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/deluxe-tire-locking-chock/11109

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
I vote for JT stabilizers and rotochocks. com for complete stabilization. Don't forget to put on the rear stabilizers as well. They come with the JT's, as well as considering the JT digital levelers. For the best prices go to www.tweetys.com