Cost of upgrades

Cyncwby

Well obviously by these questions you can tell that I'm new to the forum. I was reading a thread regarding a member upgrading his 3055 from 6k axles to 7k axles and G rated Goodyears. Anyone know how much this upgrade costs?

Do the larger axles have larger brakes instead of the 12 x 2 drums? Would love to have BIG disc brakes but I understand thats not an option....unless I do it myself.

Thanks.......Dave

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Hi Dave,
I am curiuos if you have looked into doing a disc brake conversion. If so, what company are you looking at for the kit?
While I have'nt even taking delivery of my 3250 yet, that was one option that I really wanted but it is not available.
Thanks
Larry

Cyncwby

Larry, I looked at Dexter and Kodiak. BIG differnce in price between them. For a 7k axle the Kodiac kit is about $325 x 4. The Dexter shows $572 x 4. Then you have to purchase the electric over hydraulic parts to make it all work. I still have quite a bit of research to do. No hurry for me, I havn't ordered the trailer yet......see www.trailerparts4u.com for the parts and price lists.......good luck, Dave