Landing gear.

tmcran

Question? Does the landing gears adjust for uneven surfaces or do I need to use supports under the low side to level?

jbeletti

The landing gear does adjust for unlevelness. That said, they are not levelers.

You will need to level the coach side to side first, using leveling blocks or similar under the low side tires. Then lower the front landing gear to the point of fore-aft levelness.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
tmcran, As Jim said, level side to side first using whatever method you favor under the tires. The landing gear, if electric, needs to be lowered to the point of contact. Both legs should be in contact with the ground prior to lifting the coach to disconnect from the truck. then raise or lower as necessary. I use a leg leveler http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/fifth-wheel-leg-leveler/17329 on one leg to fine tune the process.

tmcran

Thanks guys. Yep, I do level side to side was just wondering about the landing jacks. The deal from Camping World looks like a good idea.

Last edited:

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
I found this type of hitch level to work out great for setting up the landing gear, each mark on the level equals 1" of blocking needed on that side. To get things perfict i have one 1/2" block for use under one of the landing gear pads as needed.

Attachments

• PICT0029.JPG
    PICT0029.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 97

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
tmcran, As Jim said, level side to side first using whatever method you favor under the tires. The landing gear, if electric, needs to be lowered to the point of contact. Both legs should be in contact with the ground prior to lifting the coach to disconnect from the truck. then raise or lower as necessary. I use a leg leveler http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/fifth-wheel-leg-leveler/17329 on one leg to fine tune the process.

How does that work Ray? No real info on Campingworld site.

Duramax1

A cheaper alternative to the Camping World option is to go to your local hardware store, Home Depot etc. and purchase shims that are used for the leveling and installation of doors.

These are simply wooden wedges about an inch wide by 6 inches long. Use two of them at a time by placing the thin end of one to the thick end of the other and slide them to whatever postion is required to fill the gap between the ground and the bottom of the landing foot.