Summer Camping Plans

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
In case anyone is interested, here are Debra and my current plans for trips thru early summer. We would love to have anyone who would like to join up with us for all or part of any of these trips:

Apr 29-May 3, Ocean Lakes Campground, Myrtle Beach, VA
May 15-17, Virginia Samboree, Beth-Page Campground, Urbanna, VA
June 5-7, American Heritage Campground, Williamsburg, VA

We'll probably also sneak a weekend at the Fredericksburg KOA in there somewhere (I'll post that when we decide the date)

If you have trips planned and would like to share them with other chapter members, post them on this thread. It would be nice to have little mini-rallies every now and then.

Gus and Debra

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
:D:DWell,this weeek we are at Green Mountain CG in Lenoir ,NC.So far the Landmark is working well for our first trip of the season.We have had some sunshine,some warm weather,some cold weather,wind,snow and some rain.We are supposed to have sunshine and warm today and tomorrow.Gonna have our kids and my wifes mom and dad up today for our Easter dinner.Looking forward to that. Planning on coming back Memorial day weekend and then to Ocean Lakes over the 4th of July.Probably plan some trips to Bandits Roost CG on Kerr Scott Lake,In Wilkesboro,NC also. We would also like to go to the Gatlinburg,Pigeon Forge,TN. area before the summer is out.And BTW I saw a Bighorn headed north on hwy 421 near Wilkesboro,NC on Thursday the 9th. If you are in these areas this summer give us a pm and maybe we can catch a Mt.Dew and a pack of cheese crackers.Everyone have a Blessed Easter and remember Easter is about more than hiding eggs.Terry and Renee

Last edited:

RnRCycloner

Our first trip of the season will be Memorial Day week May 25 - 30 at Bandy Creek CG at Big South Fork National River & Recreational Area just north of Jamestown TN.

camperjohn08

I anyone interested?

In case anyone is interested, here are Debra and my current plans for trips thru early summer. We would love to have anyone who would like to join up with us for all or part of any of these trips:

We'll probably also sneak a weekend at the Fredericksburg KOA in there somewhere (I'll post that when we decide the date)

If you have trips planned and would like to share them with other chapter members, post them on this thread. It would be nice to have little mini-rallies every now and then.

Gus and Debra
Do you mean Myrtle Beach, SC ?? We may be interested in one of your dates...

boatto5er

Do you mean Myrtle Beach, SC ?? We may be interested in one of your dates...

They moved Myrtle Beach to South Carolina??!!??:eek: That's awful!!:rolleyes: Seriously, I think it was a freudian slip. That's a long drive and I was thinking short trip! But, South Carolina it is. Takes us around 8 to 8 1/2 hours to get there. That includes stopping to eat and one stop for fuel (-$$$$$).

jmaguire

We are planning a trip in june to the Hagerstown area. We are thinking KOA, but if anyone has any suggestions we would be interested. Also in July we will be at Tall Pines in Sanford Va. and maybe earlier in July at Elk Neck State park in Maryland.

camperjohn08

Only One stop for fuel??

They moved Myrtle Beach to South Carolina??!!??:eek: That's awful!!:rolleyes: Seriously, I think it was a freudian slip. That's a long drive and I was thinking short trip! But, South Carolina it is. Takes us around 8 to 8 1/2 hours to get there. That includes stopping to eat and one stop for fuel (-$$$$$).
I WAS WONDERING jUST HOW BIG IS YOUR GAS TANK?:rolleyes:

cjhicks

Gus and Debra
We will see you at Beth Page just made plans to attend the Samboree

jmaguire

CJHICKS, we are in Eden. Where do you guys camp? We spend a lot of time around Milbourne down to Cherrystone and to Kiptopeke.

camperjohn08

Summer Camp site question

Gus and Debra
What section @ Ocean Lakes do you all have reserved? And If we attend the Jamboree, what section should we ask for if we can??
John & Nancy Latham

cjhicks

CJHICKS, we are in Eden. Where do you guys camp? We spend a lot of time around Milbourne down to Cherrystone and to Kiptopeke.

jmaguire, We are just down the road in "Oriole" on Saint Peters Creek [ off of Deal Island Road ]. We dont do much local camping , going to Maine for the month of July.

Calvin Hicks

boatto5er

What section @ Ocean Lakes do you all have reserved? And If we attend the Jamboree, what section should we ask for if we can??
John & Nancy Latham

John, We're in section 2000 at Ocean Lakes at the end of this month.

For the Samboree at Beth-Page in May, you have to download the registration form from the VA Good Sam Club WebSite and mail it in. If you decide to go, write a note at the bottom of the form asking to get a spot near the Funderburgs. That's the only way I know of to get near us. We did that to try to get close to some friends we have that are going. Hope to see you on both trips if possible!

Gus and Debra

Jim & Harriet

camping dates

hey gus,
sounds like you are working on plans for the summer. any word yet on a fall rally date for the virginia group?
we are off to nashville in a couple of weeks - for a bluegrass festival -wonderful music!
enjoy your travels - be safe!

boatto5er

Hi Jim,

I think Hudson has narrowed it to three places, but still working on the final selection and the date. He's checking with the campgrounds on availability, costs, etc. We'll post a notice on the forum and I'll get an email out as soon as we get things finalized.

Have a great time in Nashville. We love it there, but have never camped there. We are planning on attending the Heartland Rally there next summer.

Gus