Electric fireplace - how much heat does it produce?

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
we are going to order a big horn 3055. how much heat does the electric fireplace produce. thanks, tom

As much as any 1,500 btu space heater puts out. It will knock the edge off the chill and that's about it.

That said, I used mine nearly 24X7 during the Virginia winter here.

Last edited:

Peteandsharon

Tom,

We have the fireplace in the same 3055. It does a nice job of keeping that whole livingroom area warm. It was a must have for Sharon. We had it installed by the dealer before we took possession and it has been a very good addition.

Pete

jbeletti

Dimplex Optiflame Fireplace

I snapped the attached picture at the LM/BH/BC plant. These are the specs on the unit currently used in those brands.

Jim

Attachments

• Dimplex_Fireplace.jpg
    Dimplex_Fireplace.jpg
    563.1 KB · Views: 138

Tom of Ypsi

We have one in our Landmark and love it. It takes the chill off at 40 plus degrees and that is about it. If looking for heat get a portable heater or a bear skin rug in front of the fireplace and a glass of wine and the rest is up to you. If paying for electric the furnace is cheaper than the fireplace to knock the chill off.

talley

Bought our BH off the dealer lot. The floor plan we liked had the fireplace which we did not want. Even talked about removing it. Finally made the deal and took the fireplace. Now... love it!! It will take the chill off, cut propane use, can use the flame effect without the heat being on.

Our 3655RD model had sliding doors which allow closing the living area from the kitchen. Smaller space to heat and does good job.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We also couldn't live without it now even tho we also thought it was a waste of space when we bought our BC. Between the front unit and the fireplace, it's the way we heat the trailer - even in temp in the 40's.

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
We love our fireplace and when the wife goes to bed and shuts the bedroom door, my fireplace warms the living room and the kitchen area without using up all the propane heating the furnace. Great addition, and a must have for us.

Jim & Harriet

fireplace

we did not plan to order the fireplace but it was preinstalled in our sundance 3300sk. we're very glad we have it. takes the morning chill off and is a quiet alternative to running the furnace.:)

Garry & Bev

travel bug
We use our fireplace all the time in our 3055. My husband turns the fan in the living area on to keep the air circulating and it usually keeps things warm enough to keep the furnace from starting less often. When we are hooked up to 50 amp. he puts on the fireplace and our little electric heater up in the bedroom area, this keeps us quite toasty without the furnace coming on at all.

beardedone

Beardedone
We also use the fireplace all winter long. We only have 30 amp service on our winter site but there is a separate 15 amp circuit on the pedestal. So I wired an extra circuit into the trailer and made a connection in the service entrance for it. Now I can leave another electric heater going as well and this keeps us quite warm with a mattress warmer too.

tilleyjs

I have Cyclone 3612. The fireplace will struggle with cold temps(below 40F). You will need one more electric heater to prevent the furnace kcking on. I bought a feature comfort triple ceramic heater. These two keep it nice and toasty.