Window Leak

jlivet

Now that my warranty is up buy 1 week on my 08 3300sk I find I have 2 windows leaking. Noticed the 2 leaking windows were not flush to the exterior wall as the rest of the windows on the camper. Upon removeing the one I find it will push in flush with the wall but then the inside half is almost 1/4 of a inch from contacting the interior wall. In other words when the 2 halfs of the window are scewed together it is 1/4" wider than the thickness of the wall on the camper. Have to assume the trip to Florida and back caused the window to shift. I believe the 2 in question are either for the wrong camper are were made wrong?:(

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
jlivet, I think at this point you need to start with your dealer and explain the problem to them. If they can't or won't help then I would try giving Heartland a call and see if it's something they can help you with. I'm pretty sure those windows are made to fit a variety of wall thicknesses. You might want to check if there is an obstruction or a burr on the window frame that is blocking it from getting tight. If t's a 1/4" too wide all the way around you may be able to shim it on the inside.

jbeletti

jivlet,

I am moving this thread to the SD - Exterior forum. I agree with Ray and would like to see you handle this either through your dealer or directly with Heartland Customer Service by phone - 877-262-8032.

Jim

tan42

Jivlet,

We had the same problem, one window leaked inside the camper.
Our problem was the slot under the outside of the window
was blocked. I just cleaned out the slot & the water ran out.
We used a spray bottle filled with water, sprayed the outside window to test
for leaks.
Hope this helps, it's an easy fix.

Perry

D

Dave Willis

I will get this over to service and see if they can help you.

thanks,