New recliners for the horn

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Pat and I wanted some new home style recliners. We also wanted to be able to sit next to each other. AAAAH. So we went on a hunt to find the right chairs. Looked and looked. Were either to big, to heavy, way to much money. We finally went to J.C. Pennys. Low and behold we found the perfect chair. They are 64" wide side by side, 2 position recliners, high back-wing back chairs. They are made by Lane. Also have a life times warrenty on the mechanism. Cost, $349.00 each and 4 colors to choose from. Here are some pix in the Horn.

Attachments

• chairs 035 (Large).jpg
    chairs 035 (Large).jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 330
  • chairs 036 (Large) (2).jpg
    chairs 036 (Large) (2).jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 304
  • chairs 037 (Large).jpg
    chairs 037 (Large).jpg
    119 KB · Views: 290
  • chairs 042 (Large).jpg
    chairs 042 (Large).jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 276
  • chairs 041 (Large).jpg
    chairs 041 (Large).jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 274
Last edited:

Greselda

Wow....I can't believe those beautiful chairs are recliners too!! Very nice....thanks for the info!

Rick and Janine

Barry & Alana

Bob, your chairs look great! Good color match and great idea with a wingback. Question regarding your tie-downs. It looks like your table is strapped down? Is there a reason for that? We use our straps only across the chairs.

A

Bob&Patty

B & A, we removed the screws from the table legs. We did this when we 1st got the Horn. Really not sure if they are needed, but "you know who" wanted the table strapped down. SO, whom am I to question that. Bob:D

GETnBYE

Very nice!

So pretty. Please give details about the 2 small couch tables and the fabric covers on the couch arms, if you don't mind sharing.
Anita

wdk450

Lane Wingback Recliner Chair

FYI:
My wife and I found a similar Lane wingback chair at Macy's (our J.C. Penny's didn't have this) which we got at about 1/2 price as being a floor sample with a slightly scratched leg. We got this for our home.
I would imagine that this chair is MUCH EASIER to turn sideways to clear the slides movement than the standard recliner with it's multiple ring with multiple feet base.

Bob&Patty

Anita, well the little couch tables are planter boxes that Pat found and we stained them with a light oak stain. We had some 12"X12" tile left over from the house. I cut some plywood and glued it to the tile so the would not slide off the boxes. I also cut some plywood the make the bottom of the boxes solid. Pat also made some cushions that fit on top of the boxes. Trust me, I never question what she does. Makes life easier. We use them as storage. As far as the covers, its called Pat running amuck with coupons at Joanns and her trusty sewing machine. I will say that the material does match the camel interior. And yes I was told I was going to Joanns whether I wanted to or not.:( I could take some pix and post them. BTW, not shown in the pix is a table Pat and I made from 2 pine plaques and 4 oak legs and then stained the same color as the boxes. So now we have a table that fits between the chairs. The Joanns tag along. Bob:D

Bob&Patty

Bill, yes they nice and light. With our coach we do not have to turn them and are only 64" wide side by side. I think they would work out real well in coachs that have the recliners in the rear. I like the fact that they do not have handles to break off. As said in my original post, they are not however wall huggers. But, we only have to move them out about 8" to go to the fully reclined postion. Bob:D

GETnBYE

I sew, I also do coupons, and Joanns fabric store! Would love to see the small table if you ever take a picture to post it.
Sounds just like my hubby, he might not like the process, but he loves the end result of all of my projects.
Thanks for the info.

Bob&Patty

Anita, the foot stools are planters from Joanns. The Parts for the table are from Joanns but the ball feet for the table came an Ace Hardware store here in town. Here are some pix. Bob:D

Attachments

• horn table 039 (Medium).jpg
    horn table 039 (Medium).jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 78
  • horn table 038 (Medium).jpg
    horn table 038 (Medium).jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 78
  • horn table 037 (Medium).jpg
    horn table 037 (Medium).jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 82
  • horn table 036 (Medium).jpg
    horn table 036 (Medium).jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 79
  • horn table 035 (Medium).jpg
    horn table 035 (Medium).jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 82
  • horn table 034 (Medium).jpg
    horn table 034 (Medium).jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 91
  • horn table 040 (Medium).jpg
    horn table 040 (Medium).jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 85

GETnBYE

Thanks so much

Thanks for the photo's with close up detail. It was good of you to take the time to do that. Yea, now I have a new project. :D