lifting a bighorn 3580 rl

we just ordered a new horn. but i have a very tall lifted truck
does any one know if you can lift a 3580 rl. 6inch ?
are the spring on top of the axle?
thanks tom johnson if i need to i can lower my truck

jimtoo

Hi Tom,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. I'm sure you will find lots of information here and meet lots of nice people.

I have moved your thread to a different area on the forum, one that is for frame and springs. I know someone will be able to give you an answer.

Jim M

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I think the only way to lift it would require some serious modification to the frame and suspension of the trailer and at the same time it would really raise the center of gravity which in turn may cause handling problems. I would be very cautious doing something like that. It may also possibly void the frame warranty. Lowering the truck would be a better and safer option.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
I agree with Ray. You may be subjecting yourself to safety problems lifting the coach that much. I am guessing that if you talk with Heartland and Lippert that they will not be in favor of that type of modification and probably will void warranties.

My 2-cents.

Good luck,
Mark

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I believe your question might be better answered if you checked with Lippert as they manufacture the frame. (I think). They could give you the info regarding warranty issues.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Tom, another thing to consider is the total height after you lift it. Heartlands "advertised" height for the 3580rl is 12' 11". After lifting your at 13' 5". IMHO that is way to high. I would lower the truck and let everything work the way it was all designed. Just think no more step ladder to get into the truck, no high altitude nose bleeds, no u-joint problems and watch that last step getting out of your coach. :eek:
Let us know which way you decide to go.
Peace
Dave

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
I agree with all the posters here. The height issue and the center of gavity. It could cause problems with making the coach really top heavy and you could make a convertable out of it on a low bridge. My 2cts. Bob:eek: