Add a Bedside Shelf

Jim & Harriet

not having a shelf by the bed was one of the few things we wanted to change in our 2009 Sundance 3300sk. here's how our son solved that issue for us. hope the attachment can be viewed...:)

Attachments

• add a shelf.jpg
    add a shelf.jpg
    301.5 KB · Views: 602

zztop

Jim that is a great idea. Since I have sleep apnea, I use a CPAP. I have been trying to come up with some way to put a shelf there to place my CPAP on. Last summer I just set it on the sink for the night. If you could please send me some larger pics of that I would really appreciate it.

jbeletti

Hey zztop - cool username :)

Not sure if Jim's shelf is wide enough for your CPAP. In addition to obtain a larger picture of his mode, also consider contacting "fivernine" through this forum. He did a cool mod for his CPAP unit. It's on a tray that is stored in the closet on a multiple articulating swing-arm. He opens the closet door and pulls the should out of the closet and around and into the bed slide area. I don't have any pictures of his mode other than what I took with my eyes :)

Jim

Jim & Harriet

shelf addition and cpap

i don't think the shelf (as is) would hold the cpap equipment. but you might be able to build it larger than we did. here are larger photos, hope they help.

Attachments

• 5 & 6 shelf.jpg
    5 & 6 shelf.jpg
    636.8 KB · Views: 282
  • 6a r window - after.jpg
    6a r window - after.jpg
    780.8 KB · Views: 299
  • 5b l window - after.jpg
    5b l window - after.jpg
    779.6 KB · Views: 257

zztop

jim

I think that I can that I can modify your design to what I need. Thanks.

Jim B
Thanks for your input too.

All of the shelves that I have seen on here are really nice. I did not have a place on my side of the bed to put my glasses or a kindle. I went with a bit different Idea than what I have seen. I went to bed bath and beyond and bought a large clear plastic shampoo and accessory holder. I bought two of the no nail removable hooks and attached them to the wall and hung the shampoo holder on them. I have enough room in my holder to hold my glasses and my kindle with no problems. If I get tired of it or decide I need something bigger I can just remove the hooks redo the whole thing with out any problems or trying to fix screw holes.

jbeletti

Nice Jim. I need to do something for my new Key Largo as there are no night stands or shelves in the king bed version.

Jim

stevebotts

Just ordered a new 3685 Big Horn from the factory. Had the shelves added. Hope they look like the ones in the 3370 I have now.

I bought a wire rack at Bed, Bath & Beyond and put the CPAP on it at nite next to the bed. The cpap is stored on the shelf that extends at the head of the bed in our 287RL during the day. When we travel, I put it under the blankets. Where do you put it when you travel?

Jim that is a great idea. Since I have sleep apnea, I use a CPAP. I have been trying to come up with some way to put a shelf there to place my CPAP on. Last summer I just set it on the sink for the night. If you could please send me some larger pics of that I would really appreciate it.