Skylight cover

Razorback

Anyone have any idea where I could find a retractable skylight cover for the skylight in the shower? The skylight lets in too much light in the sleeping area in the mornings.

jnbhobe

Razorback; I used one from camping world, made by camco on my last unit a SOB. Our 3370 has a seperate bath so we don't need one now. JON ;) ;) ;)

wagenman

I have seen people use a piece of foam from like a old rv bed. Cut it a little to large for the hole and it should just stick in place! I know its kind of tacky but it works and you can remove and hide it very easy! Just a thought...

creeper

I made my own. IT's held on with velcro. IT reflects summer heat and retains heat during the winter.

SANY0085_2.jpg

KENNY COCHRAN

MCNEESE STATE COWBOYS #1
Ordered my bighorn without the shower dome as we don't need the extra height.
Buy the thin foil cover from your rv dealer.
Buy white krylon spray paint for plastic and spray one side of the foil cover.
Velcro the foil cover to the shower dome.
After the velcro fall off, drill 4 ss screws in the corners of the plastic. Cut 4 small holes to line up with the screws and push the foil cover onto the screws. (leave the screws sticking out a 1/4" or so.

Razorback

Thanks everyone for help

Thanks for all the suggestions, I found a retractable cover on e bay which is dark on the skylight side and white on the bottom and appears like it will do the job nicely.

jimtoo

I just dropped the inside dome to the shower, 8 screws or so, covered the clear area with aluminum foil, put it back up. Now no light.

Jim M

daddio689

Skylight shade

Anyone have any idea where I could find a retractable skylight cover for the skylight in the shower? The skylight lets in too much light in the sleeping area in the mornings.

Try Harper camperland: part #25-8949 skylight shade off white $62.10.:D

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I did the same as JimToo.
I removed the screws holding the inside part of the skylight and covered it with the aluminum bubble insulation. I also am going to paint some of the edges black to reduce the light coming in on the edges.. Put the 8 screws back in and now we have a very dark bedroom..

BC