Halftime/Microwave Quits

Status
Not open for further replies.

wdk450

Gang:
We have used our halftime oven in microwave mode only so far, and have been experiencing the microwave cutting off and all of the displays going off after about 3 minutes of use. No breakers seem to be blown at the breaker panel, and after about 5 more minutes the display comes back on and the microwave is again usable.
Any simple answers for this? This has happened at the only 2 campgrounds we have stayed at so far?

Thanks for the help,

Dragoon

Same thing happened to us. Internal circuit breaker pops when unit overheats. Turned out to be the cooling fan was not working properly. After 2 tech calls, we were sent a new unit from the manufacturer, which we installed. We were 900 miles from originating Dealer, so used in-home warranty process by calling Apollo who sent tech to us. They couldn't have been better to deal with. New unit has worked flawlessly since then. Good luck, hope this helps...

NSNorthtrail

exact issue with mine. was sent a replacement from the dealer that when it arrived at my door it was beat to heck from delivery. sent it back and am awaiting a replacement. The dealer had no more so they are awaiting their order.

WRIGHT ll

retired Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
We just received our THIRD half time oven yesterday from the dealer. The first one the door wouldn't open after use and I had to pry it open in order to temove the food from it. The second one would shut itself off immediately after starting. This one we haven't tried yet but we are hopeful on. I have talked to others who really like the ovens. I think that after we get one that works we will like it too because the concept is really good.

Candice

My 1/2 time oven is working great...as long as I turn of my a/c. I can turn of and unplug everything including temp. switching my fridge to gas and nothing will keep it from throwing a breaker except turning off the a/c. It gets uncomfortable in the rv just cooking biscuits, imagine if I wanted to cook a roast? Heartland's reply just a moment ago...They are not going to do anything about it. The guy said I bought a 30 amp rv and I should have checked to see if I could run their oven and a/c at the same time before I bought it. I feel like I've been robbed of my money. The oven was a real selling point for me after looking at rvs every day for a week, 8 hours a day in the Arizona summer. I'm so angry right now I could spit! Anybody else had this problem?

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
My 1/2 time oven is working great...as long as I turn of my a/c. I can turn of and unplug everything including temp. switching my fridge to gas and nothing will keep it from throwing a breaker except turning off the a/c. It gets uncomfortable in the rv just cooking biscuits, imagine if I wanted to cook a roast? Heartland's reply just a moment ago...They are not going to do anything about it. The guy said I bought a 30 amp rv and I should have checked to see if I could run their oven and a/c at the same time before I bought it. I feel like I've been robbed of my money. The oven was a real selling point for me after looking at rvs every day for a week, 8 hours a day in the Arizona summer. I'm so angry right now I could spit! Anybody else had this problem?

I don't understand this...I use my Half-time all the time on 30amp, with the A/C on...only one unit though, can't run both on 30 amp anyway. Never have a problem with the unit tripping a breaker...and that's with the frig and water heater on electric too.

Maybe there is something wrong with the breaker in the panel causing it to trip. I'd have that checked before I'd blame it on the oven...just a thought...:eek:

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
You might check the pedestal you are plugged in to. Maybe you are not getting a true 30a.

Jarhead

USMC Phantom Phixer
I'd have someone check the circuit breaker. There is the possibility that it's to weak (old age, defective manufacturing, etc.)
Also, maybe the airconditioner and the micro have somehow been hooked together electrically and are using the same circuit. That would "pop" the breaker for sure.

Last edited:

jimtoo

The reply Candice is referring to is not from Heartland. It is from Midwest Sales and Service who service the Apollo ovens.

Jim M

Gang:
We have used our halftime oven in microwave mode only so far, and have been experiencing the microwave cutting off and all of the displays going off after about 3 minutes of use. No breakers seem to be blown at the breaker panel, and after about 5 more minutes the display comes back on and the microwave is again usable.
Any simple answers for this? This has happened at the only 2 campgrounds we have stayed at so far?

Thanks for the help,

Same thing is happening to me. But when I used it today, it shut off and never came back on. The wife is having a fit because she can't pop her pocorn. Guess I'll see what I can do with Apollo come Monday. I've had a previous issue or two needing warranty before and can't get a thing done about yet through the dealer (which is RV Outlet USA in Danville, VA).

DonnyB007

Maybe take a volt meter and check the output directly where you plug your camper into. Then check to see if there is correct polarity from that plugin. I have found two campgrounds now with defective plugins. One campground I was at, we were actually getting shocks from just touching the outside of our trailer! From then on, I always check the plugins before I insert :)

DonnyB007

Agree with you Candice as the Heartland engineering should have tested that out long before the customer got it. The only solution if your oven is pulling that many amps and your AC is usually at the 15 amp mark, is maybe upgading to a 50 amp system. BUt that is quite costly. So a cheaper solution is to switch of the electric oven for a gas driven oven. Gee wiz, you would think they would outlaw electric ovens in RVs and just install gas oven/ range units only. Oven are just too much of a drain on the amps for RVs.

jimtoo

Candice was referring to microwave/halftime oven. They are electric only, not gas. Not much telling what else was running besides a/c and halftime as it was only a 30amp unit... could have been many other problems also. Poster has not been back since this post.

Agree with you Candice as the Heartland engineering should have tested that out long before the customer got it. The only solution if your oven is pulling that many amps and your AC is usually at the 15 amp mark, is maybe upgading to a 50 amp system. BUt that is quite costly. So a cheaper solution is to switch of the electric oven for a gas driven oven. Gee wiz, you would think they would outlaw electric ovens in RVs and just install gas oven/ range units only. Oven are just too much of a drain on the amps for RVs.

Closing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.