Slide Covers

Jason0151

Hi -

Does anyone have any recommendations on putting slide covers on? I am getting tired of climbing on top the camper to sweep off the slide before I pull them in. Also I have a Big Country 3250TS 2009. Does anyone know which size covers I would need?

Thanks,
Jason

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
Hi Jason
We have slide covers. would I do it again, probably. Yes I do not have to sweep the top of the slide, but I have to wash the toppers and dry them. The large one over the living/dining room willflap when it gets windy. Here in the pacific north west, camping under the trees, they work.
Sorry don't know the size that you need. Just go and measure the slides

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
I had the dealership install side awning as well as 2 window awning before picking up our BC. Going outside and looking at how they are installed, it looks like they are about 2 inches wider than the side. Suggestion would be to check on the Colorado Awning website - my are the Carefree style.

grizzlygiant

I have been both with and without. I much prefer the toppers. We get caught with over-nigh snow on occasion and believe me, getting the snow off an uncovered slide is a real chore.

Slide covers

I also wanted slide covers on our new 5th wheel. Then I happened to be in a new model that did have the covers. The wind came up and the covers rattled and shook the entire time. How would you like to wake up in the middle of the night to that? I decided against them!

Nabo

Luke and Robin - been in a tropical storm on the coast of SC but didn't have much problems with the slide awnings. Someone had told us able a trick they use to help keep the awning stable and also help keep rain h20 from collecting on the awning. Went to the local walmart and purchased a couple of rafts, blow them up (not too tight) and slide them between the top of the slide and awning. Works great!!! Sometimes you get a strange stare from walkers.

jpmorgan37

I made some supports out of pvc pipe, some tees and 90 degree elbows. Keeps the wind from rattling them, keeps water from puddling in them and I don't have to sweep no stinking leaves or snow off the top of my slides. I would never be without them. JMHO

John

Nabo

John - do you have pics of the framing? That would be ez for hubbie to do and sure would help me out.

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
Slide Awnings

I'm in agreement with John - get 'em! Too much snow to have sitting on top of the slide itself, it'd probably try to drip inside as it melted. Since they are spring-loaded, as it melted, the awning went back to it's original position. Yes, without a support of some kind, the wind make them a bit noisy at times. (I'm anxious to see John's photos, too!)

I LOVE MY CYCLONE!

Attachments

• HT 005.JPG
    HT 005.JPG
    637.3 KB · Views: 51

jpmorgan37

Nabo;

I don't, but will try to get some in the next couple of days. We are getting ready to head out in another week, so I have to pull them out and will try to post some pictures. It's an easy build and has made a big difference in wind rattle and keeping the slide awnings clean.

John

cliffbuilt

Slide topper support

This isn't John's but it works for us!
IMG_0973.jpg

3" abs with 90* ell each end about 6' long
IMG_0977.jpg

View of pipe installed between slide out & topper
IMG_0980.jpg

This works good to keep the rain flowing, added awning strap in heavy wind to slow down the flapping.

Happy Camping
Cliff

jpmorgan37

Cliffbuilt;

That is a serious awning support. I built mine out of 1/2 inch pvc. I'll try to get pictures today. My 12 foot long support is in 3 pieces and slips together so it is very easy to carry.

John

jpmorgan37

Here is what I have done to support my slide awnings. It's simple to do and easy to carry. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• P1010007.JPG
    P1010007.JPG
    147.9 KB · Views: 44
  • P1010008.JPG
    P1010008.JPG
    151.2 KB · Views: 44
  • P1010009.JPG
    P1010009.JPG
    155.4 KB · Views: 44
  • P1010010.JPG
    P1010010.JPG
    156.5 KB · Views: 41

Shadowchek

I'm in agreement with John - get 'em! Too much snow to have sitting on top of the slide itself, it'd probably try to drip inside as it melted. Since they are spring-loaded, as it melted, the awning went back to it's original position. Yes, without a support of some kind, the wind make them a bit noisy at times. (I'm anxious to see John's photos, too!)

I LOVE MY CYCLONE!
Nice pictures I guess you wouldn't have a problem with those slide toppers flapping with a foot of snow on top.

Greg

KENNY COCHRAN

MCNEESE STATE COWBOYS #1
here is what i have done to support my slide awnings. It's simple to do and easy to carry. Hope this helps.

i would build one, but know we couldn't remember to take them out before we put the slide out in.............. Murphy's law would take effect.

jpmorgan37

Kenny;

You must be young. Since I'm old, I don't have any memory left so I have a detailed set up and break down check list, so that way I don't drive off with the water hose connected, steps down, electrical cord connected, Brandy tied to a tree or slide awning supports in place before I put the slides in. I don't trust myself to remember everything any more.

Nabo

Thanks John and Cliff, the pictures help out alot. We use the old blow-up rafts idea and push them between the awning and slide but one is a little short on the curbside slide. Think i'll try to make one for that side. Like your coupling idea John so you can adjust it..