Kitchen Storage Addition

Jim & Harriet

for a little more storage space we converted the "blank" drawer space below the sink to a hinged face panel with a "catch-all" for odds and ends.
the hardware is available at home-stores. heartland was kind enough so provide the drawer face and handle - we really appreciated that!

Attachments

• drawer addition.jpg
    drawer addition.jpg
    421.7 KB · Views: 334
Last edited:

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
Good work...but, you mod is standard on a lot of the heartland products. But, I see some use for it in my 3055RL.

Just gotta shoe horn it in.

What kind of hinges did you use? I could not tell.

truknutt

Committed Member
Good work...but, you mod is standard on a lot of the heartland products. But, I see some use for it in my 3055RL.

Just gotta shoe horn it in.

What kind of hinges did you use? I could not tell.

These units come as a kit: plastic drawer inserts, hinges & templates. The hinges in my kit were kind of "double acting", they pull out slightly from the cabinet and then flip down.

Here are Home Depot's offerings from Rev-a-Shelf:

11 inch & 14 inch

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
I did this with the Sundance that we had previously owned. I have seen some of the newer BH come with this already done. With 8 drawers in our current BC, we don't need this.

Jim & Harriet

rev-a-shelf

the hardware we used was one of the rev-a-shelf kits mentioned by truknutt. ours came from lowes. the original plan was just to add a faux drawer front, but added the kit when we found it. it is useful as a catch-all for small stuff.

Last edited: