Replacing Wiring

wdk450

Gang:
I have just discovered that the power wiring (Romex) between the circuit breaker panel and my roof-mounted air conditioning has gone bad. I am an experienced electronics technician, and have verified this with voltmeter readings. I wired in a substitute cable across the kitchen floor to the AC inside roof access, and now the AC system works. I have only had my rig 2 months.
My question is, what is it going to take for Heartland to replace this power cable? Will they have to take off my roof? Can local service do this? Can I expect it to be leak-free after this repair?

jbeletti

Bill,

Sorry to hear about this. This is the first time I have ever heard of the AC wiring going bad all on it's own. Yet you have verified it as such.

That you have a 2008 model year rig, it should be easier for a dealer to get a new run pulled through the ceiling and down to the AC breaker panel - all from within "inside" the RV.

If you bought this 2008 model year unit new (first owner), just 2 month, then you should be within your warranty period. I suggest you contact your dealer right away and they will begin to work with Heartland on a repair plan and work authorization.

Jim

Pulltab

Going bad sounds a bit odd, perhaps one of the connections has come loose on the back of the recepticle. Did you pull it out and verify voltage on the back? Cable just doesn't normally go bad. I bet you have a connection problem.

RVerFulltime

Fulltiming Since 2004
Romex wire bad???
Please give us an update when you find where the problem is. Pulling a new wire through the roof sounds hard to do.