TV Mount in a 2009 Sundance 2998RB??

Del600

Iowa Chapter Founding Father
I have a 26" lcd that currently just sits on the solid state counter top in the main room .

Can I use a mounting deivce that would hang the TV from the forward wall?
This wall backs up to the shower, and before I start drilling I would like to know if some type of backer board is in there?

I guess my other option would be sometype of base mount, but I don't want to drill in to the counter material.

Thank you
Mark
2009 Sundacne 2998RB

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Mark,

We have exactly the same setup in our Sundance 2900. In mine there is a wood stud in the center of the wall behind where the TV sits. Unfortunately, I don't know how thick that stud is. I'm hoping the factory will let us know the thickness of the wall and stud between the entertainment area and the shower. If I don't find out the exact thickness, I am going to assume 1" to be on the safe side. I'll then mount a non-swivel arm LCD mount on the wall with 1" screws into the stud at the exact height that will leave the base of the TV still sitting on the solid surface counter top. That will give me two points of support, behind - and below. I also plan on installing a set of tie down straps to secure the set during travel.

grizzlygiant

The center 12" of the "shower" wall is reinforced with 2x lumber in anticipation of installing a wall mounted flat panel TV. I purchased a tilting wall mount kit from Best Buys for about $60 and installed it in about 45 minutes...very easy.

D

Dave Willis

Yes, you can mount the TV to the Wall. We have backers built into the wall. The backer is 21" tall and 8" wide centered in the middle of the wall. If you push on the wall you should be able to feel the backer. If you use 1" screws you should be okay.

Thanks,

D

Dave Willis

You will be okay using 1" to 1 1/2" screws to mount your TV.

Thanks,