Extended Warranty

DickO

We pick up our 2010 BH 3055 in two weeks.None Our dealer has a 7 year extended warranty for $1895 that covers all components except fabric, flooring and such things. I have never been a fan of extended warrantys. What is your opinion? If no claims in 7 years we get the $1895 back.

Thanks for your input Dick

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
We pick up our 2010 BH 3055 in two weeks.None Our dealer has a 7 year extended warranty for $1895 that covers all components except fabric, flooring and such things. I have never been a fan of extended warrantys. What is your opinion? If no claims in 7 years we get the $1895 back.

Thanks for your input Dick

I never heard of any of them returning your money. There are other companies that will provide you with coverage at about 1/2 or less of that rate.

grizzlygiant

The money back clause should be checked out very carefully! Does the policy cover the frame and suspension???? And is the policy well respected by other dealers??? If all is A-OK then $1400 is about the right price.

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
The money back clause should be checked out very carefully! Does the policy cover the frame and suspension???? And is the policy well respected by other dealers??? If all is A-OK then $1400 is about the right price.

I got the bumper to bumper coverage for 7 years. My price was about 1/2 of the price he is quoting.

Check round, you can do better.

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
We have a similar warranty as mentioned and if unused get it back with the exception of a small administrative fee. Frame and structural parts are not covered. In our opinion we felt it is well worth while.

Triber

I have the 7 year bumper to bumper extended warranty on my 09 Bighorn 3670 RL. It cost me about $1300.00 Cdn $. It is a marketing plan. Look at it this way, it will eliminate nuisance claims for the insurer. After all, who is going to make a $100.00 claim for something minor and lose their premium refund at the end of the term?! Once again, if you are in the last year of your term and have a $500.00 repair, are you going to claim it and forfeit the $1800.00 refund next year or pay the $500.00 and get your full refund back! On the other hand, if you had a fridge failure or some major breakdown such as an axle or frame repair, the warranty would be worth it. It all depends on how lucky you feel!