Landmark on I-10, TX Good Friday

kuldaddy

Saw a Landmark traveling East bound on I-10 near Ft. Stockton, TX on Good Friday. We were traveling West with our Cyclone to the Davis Mountains.

Tom of Ypsi

I will be heading to Atlanta, Ga via I-75 starting on 4/22. On 4/22 we will be in Corbin, Ky until 4/24 then to Alatoona Lake Landing, Ga north of Atlanta (20 or so miles) from 4/24 until 5/1 then to Stone Mtn, Ga from 5/1 to 5/8 before heading back north up I-75. Feel free to stop in and say Hi, take a look at the coach or just wave, I will wave back if I see you.

PS: I do not have any beer to offer, I do not drink, but my wife may offer you a glass of wine or my brother may decide to open his door and fix a rum & coke for you.

Phil Smith

Retired South Carolina Chapter Leader
Tom,

Make sure you have a good pressure regulator when staying at Stone Mountain. Its been a few years since I last camped there but as I recall they had water pressures near 90 psi.

Phil

Tom of Ypsi

Phil,
Thanks for the warning and it just so happens I stopped at Camping World yesterday and bought a pressure regulator. Someday when I get rich enough I plan on buying a 50 Amp surge protector. Sure wish I new how to build one.

jbeletti

Hey Tom,

We visited Stone Mountain many years back when my wife was working in Atlanta for a year or so. It was neat. Only my step-son and I made it to the top of the area you can walk up.

I saw the campground there on a recent episode of RV Today. I want to go back and camp!

Have fun.

Jim

Tom of Ypsi

Jim, I stoped by there a week ago last Sunday on my way home from Florida to take a look at the sites we have. I got into one big mess while I was there. Guiness Book was there to confirm a new world record for an Easter egg hunt, more than 300,000 Easter eggs hidden and I think, or so it seemed, just as many people. It took me 45 minutes to get into the park and another 45 minutes to get to the campground. This will be my second trip to Stone Mtn but the first camping.

Phil Smith

Stone Mountain Park was privitized a few years ago and has gone through many changes. I lived in Atlanta until about 6 years ago and we spent a lot of time there. The laser show is fantastic and a must see. They project it on the front of the mountain where the relief carving (The mountain is 825 feet tall solid granite) of Jefferson Davis, Robert E. Lee and Stonewall Jackson is located. The campgound is very nice and for anyone with a tent or pop-up they have an area by the lake that is fantastic. As I recall though, they did not have sewer hookups. For those intrested, http://www.stonemountainpark.com/ is the web site.
Phil

Princess Kathleen

Pullin' the Luv Shack

Hi
We are heading north on I 81 to Canada....Yes the Luv Shack is in and rockin' & rollin';) ...we have no ribbon graphics on the sides, but do have the Landmark name...so if you see us give us a honk and a wave.

Butch and Karen at RV for Less in Knoxville are wonderful people. They really make you feel like family.....They put up with us for five days and the dealings of my crazy credit union....(they have never had an out of state sales loan before) Butch and Karen were so considerate in showing us all the how tos, the small corrections were completed with a smile by Seth (one of the workers) and thanks to Edgard for hauling the Luv Shack from the factory. If you are looking for a great dealer, deal, and a great product call them (865-521-9112) or on the web rvforless.com and tell them Princess Kathleen sent you....:D

PK

But we are in it as I type in Salem Virginia.

Last edited:

driver311

web correction

rvsforless.net ;)

thank you very much!!!!!!!!!!!:) :)

sorry i woke you hahaha..........None

driver311

jbeletti

Hi Edgar - glad to hear you're back on post. Hope you enjoyed your winter.

PK,

Big congrats on the new rig! Nancy and I met Butch and Karen a few months back on one of our trips to look at land in TN. Great people. Enjoy the shake down. See you at the rally!

Oh and tell other Heartlanders about it if you seen any - we have 3 sites available at this time.

Jim

Tom of Ypsi

I am in Corbin, Ky KOA at the present. Thought I would try WIFI, new to this, and got on. I say a notice that says they have internet service for a fee but I am on for free. Heading to Cartersville, Ga Tuesday morning. Stop by if anyone gets chance.
Jim, any reason people are backing out of the rally? Hope some others decide to join us. Should be a great time.
Got to go sightseeing, talk at y'all leter.

jbeletti

Hi Tom,

Of the 3 rally spots I opened up, two were cancellations and one was a courtesy hold that I released as I never heard back from the guy after holding it for weeks. The two cancellations were for very legitimate reasons. I'll miss them both. Maybe next year!

Travel safe Tom,

Jim

Deb

Deb
Tom,

We have been in the Corbin KOA several years ago as we have good friends that live there. I also have a son that lives in Cartersville and that KOA is managed by some very nice people. Enjoy your time there.
Deb

Phil Smith

Tom,

Are you still in Ga.? Leaving for a weekend camping trip this weekend in GA. We will be camping on Lake Hartwell, just south of the SC border off of I85. We'll be at Tugaloo State Park.

Phil

Tom of Ypsi

Phil,

Yes, we are still in Ga, Allatoona Landing off of I-75, mm 183. We will be here until next Monday then move to Stone Mtn for one week then make our way back to Mi.

Phil Smith

Tom,

I don't think we will have time to make it over to the I75 corridor. We are meeting people and will probably stay pretty busy. I guess we'll have to settle for seeing you at the rally!

Phil

Tom of Ypsi

Phil, I understand as we are busy also. Heading out to a breakfast at the local firehouse, sister-in-laws brother works there, Atlanta Braves game tonight, something for tomorrow, can't remember, moving to Stone Mtn Monday etc.
Enjoy yur time out and see you at the rally.