12 volt electric lights on door-side slide do not work

j4key1

Hi everyone,
Need some help..My 12 volt lights on the door side slide don't work. The kitchen light, 1 wall light behind the couch, and the 3 recessed ceiling lights over the couch (in the slide). I have a 2008 Bighorn 3400RL. Has anyone had this problem? The fuses are O.K....This is the only place the 12 volt lights don't operate. Any suggestion?
Please respond to my email address:j4key1@yahoo.com.
Thanks, I'd appreciate any help.

Jerry

SmokeyBare

You might find that there is a lose wire connection... probably a wire nut that is not making connection on one of the 12 Volt Wires. Those wire connections should be within a Wiring work box. Before I did any checking I would un-plug the 110 Volt power to the RV Just to be safe...

Two places to look...
behind the couch on my 3400RL there is a electrical box... I'd start by looking there. Test the 12 volt wires with a volt tester.

If there was no lose connections there... I'd go below the slide room and look for another wiring box... and test the 12 Volt wires there as well.

That should keep you busy for a while... and hopefully you'll find the problem !

Had the same problem with my BH2925. In my case the first light (one of the small metal lights) in the the slide was bad. Because it was dead the rest of the lights downstream would not work. Heartland sent me a new one and I replaced it and all started working. I did as Smokeybare suggested, checked the box outside and the one down by the floor and everything checked out so next took the light down and found it was shorted.

Ron

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
We had a similar problem with our 3055 last year and with the help of Jim B and Heartland found that the wire connection just inside the underbelly and broken off. Luckily, when I cut into the belly the break was right above me and easy to clean up and reconnect. It is really taped up this time..../Doug

geeksrus

Hi everyone,
Need some help..My 12 volt lights on the door side slide don't work. The kitchen light, 1 wall light behind the couch, and the 3 recessed ceiling lights over the couch (in the slide). I have a 2008 Bighorn 3400RL. Has anyone had this problem? The fuses are O.K....This is the only place the 12 volt lights don't operate. Any suggestion?
Please respond to my email address:j4key1@yahoo.com.
Thanks, I'd appreciate any help.

Jerry

With mine, I just lost 2 of the recessed lights at the same time... all the others in that area are okay... haven't had a chance to look at yet as we just returned from our snowbird journey.

Eh!