General Forum Help Request

Jim Beletti,
I just joined and am a little confused as to how do members go from members to senior members and so on. What is the purpose of the status//heartlandowners.org/images/icons/icon5.gif How can I upload pictures? Is there a way that I can just see a list of members just from Michigan where I live//heartlandowners.org/images/icons/icon5.gif If I want to communicate, do I just add a blog? Sorry if I sound confused but I just want to know what is the right way to do these things. Karen and I just love our 2009 Sundance and so do our 2 dogs. We did what we consider to be a long trip last year to South Dakota (mount rushmore,badlands,crazy horse, custer state park,etc) Wyoming (devils tower, etc.) and we enjoyed it very much, but I think that the dogs liked being back home after several weeks. I think that we would have enjoyed the trip more if we were with a few other camper friends. Hope to hear from you or somebody else that would know the answers.
Thanks, Joe and Karen //heartlandowners.org/images/icons/icon7.gif

jbeletti

Welcome Happysundanceowner,

See my replies inline below.

Jim

Jim Beletti,
I just joined and am a little confused as to how do members go from members to senior members and so on.

50 posts gets you senior member status

What is the purpose of the status//heartlandowners.org/images/icons/icon5.gif

No real purpose at all. It is built-in functionality of the software we use.

How can I upload pictures?

Take some time to use the FAQ link at the top of each forum page on the navigation bar. Here is a link from that FAQ that will help you for image posting.

Is there a way that I can just see a list of members just from Michigan where I live//heartlandowners.org/images/icons/icon5.gif

No - sorry there is not. But there are a bunch from MI! Join the club and you will be on the mailing list from that chapter leader and hear about rallies etc. in your area.

If I want to communicate, do I just add a blog?

No - the blog is a space for you to popst about your RV travels so others can see it. To post on the forum, you navigate to the most relevant section of the forum for your topic and click New Thread.

Sorry if I sound confused but I just want to know what is the right way to do these things. Karen and I just love our 2009 Sundance and so do our 2 dogs. We did what we consider to be a long trip last year to South Dakota (mount rushmore,badlands,crazy horse, custer state park,etc) Wyoming (devils tower, etc.) and we enjoyed it very much, but I think that the dogs liked being back home after several weeks. I think that we would have enjoyed the trip more if we were with a few other camper friends. Hope to hear from you or somebody else that would know the answers.
Thanks, Joe and Karen //heartlandowners.org/images/icons/icon7.gif

Wow - sounds like a great trip Joe and Karen. Thanks for joining the forum and hope to see you around. Join us at the Michigan Rally in St. Ignace later this summer!

Jim

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Happysundanceowner
Welcome to the Forum.
One thing that you can do is check the HOP, now shown under Tools menu. By looking at your area you can see anyone that has setup the HOP to show where they are located.

Another thing you can do is find the rallys that are in your area or where you may be traveling by going to either the Portal and see the ones that are scheduled or go to the Club link on the Menu to check with the chapter in your area.

Last edited:

linuxkidd

Hello Happysundanceowner and Welcome!

TXBobcat is right, the HOP (Heartland Owners Position) would be a great place to look for fellow Heartland Owners in your area. Once you post your 2nd message and it's approved, you will have access to that as well as to the HOG (Heartland Owners Gallery ) and HOC ( Heartland Owners Chat ). All these options are available from the 'TOOLS' drop down menu at the top of the forum.

Glad to hear you're enjoying your Sundance...

Thanks,
LK

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Welcome Happysundanceowner - you are asking all the same questions that I did the first few times on the forum but it gets e-zr as you revisit it. Gosh what a trip to SD and WY!!! We are leaving TN in 3 weeks (may 8) doing the same trip to the Black Hills and then ending up at Yellowstone. I think we are going to stay in Hill City but not sure where near Yellowstone. If anyone has a suggestion that would be great.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Nabo, we have stayed at the CG in Gardiner at the north enterance and have stayed at Grizzly Rv park in West Yellowstone. Grizzly is pricey but very nice. It is pretty central to most things. I would stay there again. I don't know when you will be in that area but do check out Reenactment weekend in Hardin, MT. Little Big Horn. It is a fun weekend, with good food served in town at the high school and a few churches. As well as a parade and bed races. Not to mention to reenactment out in the middle of nowhere. Really nice. This year will be June 26-28.
Have fun.
Peace
Dave

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Thanks Dave for the info about Yellowstone. I will check out the info on both of them. We will be in WY the weekend and week before Memorial day weekend. Gosh, the reeactment sound like a great thing to go see. Sorry we will be a little too early to see it.
Happy Camping.