Ice maker problems - not making ice - water may not be on to it

C&S Christopher

Christopher
We just picked up a new Big Horn 3670 RL with an ice maker in the refrigerator. Apparently there is a manual shut off valve for the water supply however after searching in all of the obvious places I still have not found it. Does anyone out there know where it is?

CC

boatdoc

The shut off is behind the back wall in the Pass thru storage. Our's was not turned on either. Take the back wall loose and you'll see the valve.
Check back if you need more help.

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Must be different on the Landmark from the BH. My shutoff, which also was not turned on, is under the kitchen sink. Had to use a flashlight to find it.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
The difference in where the shutoff valve is depends on whether or not the refer is in a slideout.

Mark

KENNY COCHRAN

MCNEESE STATE COWBOYS #1
When you find the valve, check to be sure the ice maker is plugged in. Go outside, take the cover off of the ref. And you should have the ref. & ice maker plugged in.

wdk450

Bighorn 3670RL w/ refrig in slide

I went through this ans found my valve behind the compartment rear wall near the dump valves in the storage compartment. A few screw at each end of the panel released it.
BTW, we had a strong plastic taste in our water lines. I added some RV taste remover from the local trailer supply, and all of the other faucets are acceptable, but our ice smells of the "freshener" or plastic. We have kept it running all week on city water trying to flush it out. Any suggestions? I have heard of adding lemon juice to your tank and running on pump water for a while to get it distributed into the piping. Has anyone tried this?

BOTIE

Botie

It took me six months of continuous use to get the plastic taste out of my ice cubes. I tried everything we could come up with and then some. It will finally disperse with time.

KENNY COCHRAN

MCNEESE STATE COWBOYS #1
I think if we are all having a plastic taste to the ice cubes, heartland needs to change the type of plastic tubing they are using.
Scotch & coke with a twist of plastic does not really taste all that good..........

jimtoo

Kenny.,,,' drop the twist of plastic...and after a couple or maybe 3 ...it will be OK...the taste goes away...I think... maybe... yep... .... fur surrrre..... nite nite...