Where are all the rallies information located?

jbeletti

A Heartlander and friend called me tonight to tell me I needed to cleanup the forum in terms of the Rallies sub-forum as it was no longer being used as it once was - to manage all the rallies in.

Well - he was right!

Last year, when we formalized the Heartland Owners Club, all Chapter rallies were put under the responsibility of the Club Chapters. As such, all rally detail can be found within each Club Chapter's sub-forum.

Summary rally data can be found in the rallies module of the Portal. When you hit the portal, the first thing you see in the center of the screen is the Rallies module with a summary (1 line per rally) of the rallies. Each rally listing is a hyperlink. When you click the link for a specific rally, generally, it will take you to a specific post within the thread about that rally. The specific post is the one with all the "need to know" rally data. You will not generally see the entire thread at those links. When you are viewing a single rally post from one of those links, in the upper-right-hand corner of that single post is a hyperlink next to the word "Thread". Click that hyperlink to open the page of the thread that contains that single rally info post. Then you will be able to see the "rest of the story". Or the full discussion that is going on about that rally.

Hope this explanation helps others or clears up some mystery of where to find all the rally discussions.

Jim

jbeletti

Heartland Rallies and Events link that works for Mobile devices

Hey all,

Looking for a Rallies and Events link you can add as a bookmark on the browser on your mobile device without having to load any graphics?

Here ya go (link)

Or in long form: <//heartlandowners.org/vbEvents-xml.php?out=menu>

DO NOT use the < and > in your browser. I added them so the URL would become a link and be truncated.

This list is sorted by "event type". Then within event type, it is sorted by date.

Johnboy3

Thanks guys. I will have to look into the Goshen rally. We will be in Munice, IN for an event the 19th and 20th. Might work out.

Dale Smith

This is probably a silly question to some of you.
As we work towards filling out our 2014 vacation schedule, I seem to be unable to find an area within the forum that has all of the information regarding the 2014 NATIONAL RALLY. I would like to read more information regarding what the activities might be in the area while the rally is taking place. With that information, we will be able to plan our schedule regarding an early arrival or to stay late after the rally. I am sure it is probably on the forum somewhere, and I'm hopeful someone can point me in the right direction.
Thanks!

danemayer

Hi Dale,

It's not a silly question at all. Here's a link to the sub-forum area for the 2014 Rally. However, it's a bit early for the info you want.

The rally is planned for Bethpage Camp Resort in Urbanna, VA. Here are the planned dates:

Pre-Rally: Sunday, June 8 through Wednesday, June 11, 2014
Rally: Thursday, June 12 through Sunday, June 15, 2014

I wouldn't expect activity details to get posted until next Spring.