North/South bed to East/West mod???

Greselda

I posted this on the 5th wheel forum, but also thought there might be some great ideas here too.

We are the proud owners of a Sundance 265rk xlt, and we love it, except that we found after 3 months as a snowbird this last winter, we would love to have a full closet in the bedroom:eek:

I know, I know, if we wanted that we should have gotten one with a bedroom slide-out, but we are very happy with everything else in the bedroom other than the lack of a proper closet.

My DH will be measuring things to see if we could get enough space to turn the bed in the other direction.......my question is....has anyone else done a mod like this before, and if so, how successful was it?

Thanks for any and all input:D

Richard and Janine

Greselda

Well, we did it!! Yep, my DH pulled out the three small, I mean tiny, closets in the bedroom and gave me a sliding doors wardrobe complete with 6 shelves on the inside for folded items.....it is beautiful!! We turned the bed so now the head is directly under the window.....lovely!!

We are sure enjoying this and when you have a husband like mine,None who can fix or build anything, it sure does make life terrific!!

See you on the road...
Rick and Janine

jimtoo

Hi Greselda,

If you could, please post some pictures of your mods. It may help someone else make a change.

Jim M

Greselda

Hi Jim...

Well, we get the new bed on Tuesday, so as soon as that puppy is in on the new bed from that my DH built, I will send out the new pictures.:)

Janine

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
Hi Jim...

Well, we get the new bed on Tuesday, so as soon as that puppy is in on the new bed from that my DH built, I will send out the new pictures.:)

Janine

Some photos of the change will be great! I know what you mean by no closet space, i added a 10" hanger pipe off the main bedroom square closet and it helps some.